Tuckable Holsters

I am curious about your thoughts on concealment using the IWB Tuckable style holsters.

I have one and I have worn it before with the shirt tucked in and over it. I don't really have a problem with it, but my one question is, isn't the nice little piece of black plastic on your belt a signal that maybe some thing is going on in there?

I may be overly sensitive about this, and the likely hood that some one is going to be staring at your belt is slim, I was just curious about that one little thing. I have tried carrying my cell phone on a belt clip in roughly the same position but that gets uncomfortable.

Thoughts, Pictures etc. are appreciated.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 0down

I wear a C-T.A.C. everyday. When you order you have the option of getting "J" hooks for them. They come up over the pants, under the belt and slightly up over the bottom.

ctac_allclips2_sm.jpgctac_allclips_sm.jpg

I don't think it will make a difference as far as concealability, my concern was drawing the holster with the gun.

IWB = Inside the Waist Band

Tuckable = Designed so you can tuck your shirt into your waistband, over the holster and gun.

So you can tuck a shirt in over it? Interesting. How does this affect drawing the pistol? I like the idea, but looks like a hinderance in an emergency situation.

• Administrator
So you can tuck a shirt in over it? Interesting. How does this affect drawing the pistol? I like the idea, but looks like a hinderance in an emergency situation.

I think it would boil down to lots of practice and building up muscle memory. You'll have an extra obstacle to overcome in the drawing process, and would need to train yourself to pull up the shirt hem with your off-hand and then draw with your strong hand.

I have always favored the standard hook or the C hook over the J hook. The belt is supporting the holster in the standard and C hook where your pants are supporting the gun and holster in the J hook. Might not be a problem with a small light gun, but if you are considering a heavier gun, then you'll want more support from your belt. I had a CTAC for my XD, but only tucked it a couple times. Most of the time, I'll either have a t-shirt tucked with a button up over it for concealment or just an untucked t-shirt. Personally, I don't really have a need for a tuckable, but there are people that do. There's a fine line between concealing a gun where you can access it quickly and concealing it too deeply. I'd rather have mine somewhat concealed and run the risk of being made rather than deeply concealing it and having to take a critical second or two just to get to the gun. That extra time might be too much time when seconds count.

Guest Phantom6

I never liked IWB holsters as I felt a need to buy my pants a size larger for more comfort and I just can't afford that many pairs of pants plus my wife's stuff takes up most of the closet space in the house. :up: This tuckable IWB holster stuff looks more like a colostomy bag to me.

I'd rather consider another method of concealment that allows more rapid access than having to worry about ripping my shirt out of the way and slowing my draw. I'm sure that one could do it without a doubt but I'm all about the KISS method and don't like to deal with more than a couple of types of concealment holsters. Plus if I were to foul my own draw I might be wearing a colostomy bag one day as a result, if I were lucky enough to survive the encounter. :mad:

But, to each his own.

• Administrator
This tuckable IWB holster stuff looks more like a colostomy bag to me.

I've told someone that's what my gun was once when they noticed me printing. I got a :up: in return and told them to keep their hands off my crap, pun intended. :mad:

Guest jackdog

I own a ctac, it's a good holster. :up: But I have to agree partially with Phantom6. :devil:

I do use an IWB holster either my ctac or my front line. I don't tuck my shirt over my gun. In summer I wear a T shirt and a short sleeve shirt that is open but still allows good concealment. It also allows for easy access to my Glock 23. :up:

Hey Phantom are our wives related or just kindred spirits :D

heh..I looked in the closet the other day...I'm not sure but I may be marrying a millipede.:devil::up:

What is it with women and shoes???

I carry my BHP in an owb with a shirt covering it..come summer I'm going to look for another type of holster for it...or invest in something more concealable.

hey..she has shoes...I have guns...it works like that :up:

Guest db99wj

I'm sitting here typing with my CTAC IWB on, my shirt tucked in over it, you can also tuck it in behind it so that there is nothing over it to move, great for when you are wearing another shirt or jacket. Because of the kydex you can draw pretty easily from it. One thing I do, if I am in my suit and I have my shirt tucked over it and I am going to my car, or in an area that is "suspect" or at night, like when I get off work, I will untuck my shirt and either go like that or with my shirt tail sitting on tip of my XD somewhat open carry like, so that I can just pull and draw. If it is dark, I just pull the shirt and tuck it between my body and the gun.

Oh, one person asked about what that was, when she saw the clips, I said a "holder" and changed the subject after that. Most people won't even notice it is there, if they do, they think it is a holder for a blackberry or some other gadget we attach to our hips these days. Colostomy bag....going to remember that one!

Had a guy come in today and show me his new conceal holster he got at the NRA convention, first of all he did not look like he had one on him, I knew better, I know him, but I couldn't see one, I figured he had something small in his pocket, he pulled his cell phone up and just behind the cell phone holder was the handle to his gun. He pulled the thing out and it is a paddle style holster. Definitely a good one for full concealment, you couldn't tell a bit.

Guest Hyaloid
...he pulled his cell phone up and just behind the cell phone holder was the handle to his gun. He pulled the thing out and it is a paddle style holster. Definitely a good one for full concealment, you couldn't tell a bit.

PagerPal?

Guest Boomhower

That is awesome. I will be looking into that very seriously here in a little bit. Just before I get my permit back from the state. Thanks a bunch for the link!!

Guest Hyaloid

I'm not sure, I have never used one, but I *think* they have a bad reputation for some odd reason.... anyone else have any information?

Guest Boomhower

Your right.....After digging a little deeper in google, I found a bunch of reviews where ppl hated them. Kinda changed my mind quick.

Guest Phantom6

jackdog wrote:

Hey Phantom are our wives related or just kindred spirits :D

All women are at the very least kindred spirits when it comes to shoes in particular and accessories in general.

I AM the IWB kinda guy...

I carry so often that I forget its there...

an IWB is good if its comfortable ...but not so comfortable you forget you're carrying.

I don't ever want to get complacent about carrying a firearm...I always want to know its there...after a long while...it becomes second nature to forget its there..(at least with me)..

Guest Voodoo_1

I don't care for IWB, just too uncomfortable and bothers the hell out of my side. Ordering a Galco OWB for the HK for summer carry. I usually wear baseball type T-shirts untucked and believe it will conceal good enough. I'm broad shouldered and narrow waisted so the T-shirts just sort of hang straight down with quite a bit of gap between my waist and the inside of the shirt.

hey man...I'm a *fat man*

:D

I can spare the room in my pants for a pistol...

I don't blame you though..I have an owb holster for my browning..I rarely print with it...I'm going to try the iwb for summer time though.

being as I am willing to take a big paycut and work in Knoxville...I will probably be in the south, working this summer...(yay me!!!!! I'm home!)

so an IWB will be a good thing to have! we'll see though.

Guest db99wj
I AM the IWB kinda guy...

I carry so often that I forget its there...

an IWB is good if its comfortable ...but not so comfortable you forget you're carrying.

I don't ever want to get complacent about carrying a firearm...I always want to know its there...after a long while...it becomes second nature to forget its there..(at least with me)..

Tunsten and I chatted about this last night, my CTAC has gotten very comfortable, not that I don't know it is there, but it is just there, like shoes, I know they are there and on, but that's it, they are just there. Does that make sense?