Mossberg 590 Flashlight (Cheap)

Guest macmonkey

Guest macmonkey

Hey Everyone,

Looking around the only mossberg suited flashlight system is the Surefire which is retailing about $260. I realize that it's a great flashlight and probably worth the money but I'm looking for something around the $100 mark for my mossy.

This is strictly for home defense.

Thank You

jw

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a cut and paste from my post on another forum where I'm a member

Thought I'd post some pics of my setup it may help others decide how to setup their shotgun with a light on a budget.

My Setup is made up of a Mossberg 590A1, Streamlight 69901, Command Arms FAS2, and SureFire G3

These are clickable pics:

th_streamlight_69901.jpg

th_command_arms_fas2.jpg

th_590A1_9P_3.jpg

th_590A1_9P_2.jpg

th_590A1_9P_1.jpg

Guest macmonkey

Greg - that is a great looking setup and really what I am looking for. I know that setup would probably be in the $150 range but that's not out of my budget. I'm probably going to ghetto rig with this universal mount I purchased and see how I like it. If I don't then I'm going to go your route.

Bryan - unfortunately no I don't have the AR style bayonet lug but that looks like a cool little mount for my AR - when I get it :hat:

jw

Yeah, I did similar on my 870, but wanted light on mag extender, not barrel:

870-light.jpg

The stock barrel/mag stabilizer with sling swivel wouldn't still fit (goes where you see the indent in mag), so had to use a second clamp I found on eBay I think which also had a sling swivel. Probably could have just not used anything there, since I don't use a sling any, but wanted them good and stable.

Light is an LED from Sam's.

I admit I haven't fired it yet since adding to see if will be durable enough, but assuming it will.

- OS

As long as the lens is firmly installed you will be OK. I found out the hard way trying to go cheap on the light the first time,($2.50 Auto Parts store). Thing I like about my light is the push button switch on the rear. Just punch it with my thumb with my hand on the forestock.

As long as the lens is firmly installed you will be OK. I found out the hard way trying to go cheap on the light the first time,($2.50 Auto Parts store). Thing I like about my light is the push button switch on the rear. Just punch it with my thumb with my hand on the forestock.

Yah, this "Element K2" light has the rear push button. Can also unscrew and change batteries without removing from gun. 'Course, have to take it off to breakdown/clean gun anyway...

Got two of these lights in a pac at Sam's for about $25; noticed they still were selling them as of 10 days or so ago...I forget how many lumens it claimed, but is plenty bright for ME to see, and from 15' and in it's bright enough to dazzle you pretty good looking right into it, really lose most vision for 5-10 sec afterward so that's potentially a good thing, too.

- OS

i havent mounted a light on my Mossberg 500 yet, but i'm highly considering using this mount:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-deluxe-shotgun-tri-rail-barrel-mount-mnt-br003xl.html

and hanging a spare Streamlight M3 that i have at the moment on it. i have a light on my Kel Tec Sub 2000, on a .22lr bolt gun for shooting possums/'coons in the trash, and a Glock light on my Glock 22 nightstand gun. i think i need one on my scattergun, cant never have to many lights and the M3 is already an extra...