Tough trigger pull on SW40VE

Guest miken

I saw a thread below about a 9VE, (not sure if its the same info I need though), I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good way to reduce the pull on this gun. I want it to be safe (not a crazy light pull) but better than what is it. Any help is appreciated!

-Mike

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/580103904/m/1031000282

I done this last week to my 9ve. I also ordered the softer spring from wolf spring and it is a lot better. It still has a long trigger pull.

On the grinding of the springs I did a little then tested it. Then I took it out and did it again. Till I was happy It took about 3 times Of cutting the springs. Then I put in a 3.5lb Spring. So far it shoots good with no problems.

This is not my primary carry gun. But I will carry it from time to time.

I have not tested it with hot loads. I dont think it will have any problems but im not a gunsmith (but I did stay at a holiday inn last night)

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/SmithWessonNF.html#Sigma4

It still is not crazy light pull. The pull is more than my m&p

i called wolff springs and they referred me to a company called LSG Gunsmithing in Texas, and they apparently will do a polish job on parts and some other work that will achieve what i want and still keep it within S&W specs. They are a authorized S&W warranty center and they do all this work for free and within 3-4 days time. Anyone dealt with this company before?

Ya I understand that. What I am curious about is if it were done within S&W specs by an authorized S&W warranty dept. wouldnt thats still kinda make it a factory spec gun? Before I do anything for sure I am going to call them today to make 100% sure this is the path i want to go down.

Guest RISC777
http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/580103904/m/1031000282

I done this last week to my 9ve. I also ordered the softer spring from wolf spring and it is a lot better. It still has a long trigger pull.

On the grinding of the springs I did a little then tested it. Then I took it out and did it again. Till I was happy It took about 3 times Of cutting the springs. Then I put in a 3.5lb Spring. So far it shoots good with no problems.

The referenced quote above is good for the photos, I did some work to my 40VE before seeing it.

The one aspect I've never seen anyone state or address or point out is that the sear block moves across a plastic surface. That plastic surface also can be rough (injection molding, figures). If it visually has any rough surface or corner that needs 'trimmed,' smooth that area off. Carefully.

Per springs being grinded down, I never did that. The small bottom spring, that one can be removed reducing pull without affecting function.

The two springs, one through the other, if either are removed you will at some point in time without question have that spring get out of position causing a failure. [The replacement of one with a spring from a writing pen might be an option to some, but I'd shorten one or both (grind off some) before that kind of replacement.]

The Wolff replacement is, for me, on the way and still to be tested.

If or when you do anything, be slow, be careful, small steps one at a time.

I took mine out again and put 150 shots through it as fast as my friends and I could pull the trigger and reload. Didnt have the slightest problem.

And the trigger pull is so much better. Before I did the trigger I was thinking of selling it and getting a different gun.

When I first got the 9ve I loved it, But then I got my M&P and got used to shooting it. So The sigma was hard to keep on target.

Now its like a totally different gun, and I think I like it.:stir:

I have fixed over dozens of triggers on the s&w lately. The s&w link is a good started. The best thing to do is to remove the inner spring in the sear. Polish all the contact parts, trigger bar and etc. Other words do a trigger job on the gun. The trigger is made strong for a reason. This gun was intended to be a CCW gun. Do not change the fireing pin spring. This could cost you your live some day. A good trigger job and removal of the inner spring will make it around 4 to 5 pounds. Use Glock 23 parts for all mods if you decide to change anything else. PM me for detailed instuctions.

Well I got my gun back from LSG and I have to say the trigger is significantly better. Its not too light but not too hard. It didnt even cost me a cent. They did it all as warranty work and even paid for shipping both ways!