Guest nraforlife

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

From what I read, it is legal to carry open with or without a carry permit. My take of it is that he sued for violation of his constitutional right, not that he had a carry permit (which it leads me to believe he does not have one). And, its the "concealed" of the gun that will get you in trouble without a permit?

The professor at the end makes it sound legal to "open carry" per the 2nd.....

??? So can someone carry without a permit per the "right to bear arms"?

Edited by jps37033

Notice here that what the police chief ( a political hack) says and what the police themselves DO are 2 different things...

Marchiafava said he remains concerned that someone else may someday be arrested under similar circumstances because: “In Gonzales, the law is whatever the cops say it is.â€

That’s not correct, Chief Landry said.

“We will follow the law as prescribed,†Landry said, adding that the law permits carrying a firearm in an unconcealed holster. But Landry will not discuss the case further.

“I’ve got no comment on that,†Landry said. “I’ve got no comment.â€

if that's the law, why did they arrest this man? "no comment"

well..good for him!!! take the police chief to task!

Guest canynracer

But then again, HE didnt do so well either:

“It’s not the people who are openly carrying weapons that you need to worry about,” Marchiafava said. “It’s the people who carry concealed guns that you need to be concerned about.”

I disagree.