Anybody here have their FFL out of their home?

serbu50

Give us a name of who that was. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say his actions and not the fact he had an FFL caused his problems. biggrin.gif

I remember the story, was in last 6 months or so, feller out in southwest somewhere.

I believe the upshot was the guy had been under scrutiny for a good while, something about beau coup guns going over state lines or US border without documentation, best I remember?

At any rate, to equate this with merely being a home based FFL is laughable. Sometimes The"Truth"AboutGuns ain't necessarily all that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I remember the story, was in last 6 months or so.

I believe the upshot was the guy had been under scrutiny for a good while, something about beau coup guns going over state lines or US border without documentation, best I remember?

At any rate, to equate this with merely being a home based FFL is laughable. Sometimes The"Truth"AboutGuns.com is about as twisted as any uber lib site out there.

- OS

Laugh, laugh, all that you want. My only point, to be a FFL period, brings some level of risk. To have a FFL out of your home address, adds another level of risk regardless how squeaky clean one maybe. Is it really worth it? Ohshoot, have you had a FFL before? If not, maybe that is why you find this laughable. By reading materials on the internet or hanging out at mom/pop gun shops, may not be enough to make one wise, possibly smart, but not wise. I know a lot of college graduates that are book smart, but are lacking wisdom. I am just voicing my personal wisdom from real experience. Trying to save someone real hassle down the road. Otherwise, I could care less. I have no dog in this race.

Laugh, laugh, all that you want. My only point, to be a FFL period, brings some level of risk. To have a FFL out of your home address, adds another level of risk regardless how squeaky clean one maybe. Is it really worth it? Ohshoot, have you had a FFL before? If not, maybe that is why you find this laughable. By reading materials on the internet or hanging out at mom/pop gun shops, may not be enough to make one wise, possibly smart, but not wise. I know a lot of college graduates that are book smart, but are lacking wisdom. I am just voicing my personal wisdom from real experience. Trying to save someone real hassle down the road. Otherwise, I could care less. I have no dog in this race.

Doesn't matter if you have a FFL or not if you fall under scrutiny of BATF or DHS for what they claim this guy was doing. Anyone would have gotten the same treatment.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Doesn't matter if you have a FFL or not if you fall under scrutiny of BATF or DHS for what they claim this guy was doing. Anyone would have gotten the same treatment.

This is what popped up the last time I went to ATF site. Maybe the guy decided to give feedback.

BATF_zps9df4f576.jpg