3 gun at MTSC in Manchester starting 1/26/2014

".....Take those 4" steels and throw them in the trash, damn things kicked my butt !!!!!"

I agree.

No Way - No Way - those plates were 4 inchers - - - They had to be like...., ugh......, well maybe only about 1.5 inch!   :squint:  

Well that is the size they had to be since my front sight post covered them up.  It was like shooting blind I tell ya! 

AND that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

But Hey, let me tell you how to go about preparing to Shoot Your WORST in any match EVER!!!!!!!  :yuck:

1.  Spend the week prior practicing your old method of loading your 870 pump since you are going to be a Bad Ass and shoot Heavy Metal for the first time in years.  :tough:

2.  Reconfigure your battle belt since you stack your shotgun shells 180 out from the way you do it when running an auto. 

3.  Read the "Matt in TN" post about needing super solid hits on the plates and he is thinking about going with tighter choke and #6 shot (gamer mode is now on).

5.  Buy #6 shot from a maker you have never heard of.

6.  DON'T do any live fire training at all with the 870 (or your 1911 or your M14) because its cold and you wimp out going to the range.

7.  Wake up the morning of the match and recall that your 870 is a Cylinder Bore. 

8.  30 minutes before needing to leave, make the call to take your auto since you can screw in a IC and therefore you might as well take your AR and M&P. 

9.  Load new ammo setup, throw extra ammo in Jeep, forget that your belt is now in its "heavy metal" setup.

10.  ALMOST forget to kiss the wife before driving away.

11.  Get to the end of the driveway - - - realize that your AR and M&P mag holders are still in the house and the M14 and 1911 mag holders are still on your belt.

12.  Re-kiss wife while running out the door since you are now late for getting to the match on time.

13.  Arrive at the range and go into a mad minute meltdown trying to recall how you had your belt before the heavy metal convert.  Forget about moving your shot shell holders.

14.  Look at all of the "so-called" 4 inch plates thinking those #6 shot will handle them with no problem, don't even try a sight picture. 

SO...,

- The buzzer goes off and you are loading with the wrong hand with the shells pointing the wrong direction and your auto HATES those #6 shotshells from the unknown maker.

- You can't hit those 4 inch plates (they have to be 1.5 inch) with your M&P since S&W made sure that the fiber optic is POA/POI and you cheap-out with Walmart 115g whitebox and you are shooting low.

- Those high-speed glasses that the eye-doc made for you to focus on the front sight aren't the best thing in the world for seeing anything (like a target) out past 20 yards.  :stunned:

- And by the 4th stage, all that gray in your beard reminds you why you are in the senior division.   

YET.......,

The folks in your Squad are great people and its a 63 degrees on a Sunday, in January, in Tennessee and you know that somewhere there are people hitting a little white ball along green fields that would make a great rifle range.  You feel sad for those golfers. 

Great Match, Great Time, I'll Be Back.  :up:

Next time to run Heavy Metal!   :cool:  

Edited by DMark

This was my first 3 gun match.

Really enjoyed it!!!!

Thanks so much for the great match…..I'm hooked.

Shotguns SUCK!!!!!

Need to remember to hold high on close head shot AR targets….dang it…...

Shotguns SUCK!!!!

That is all.

:lol:

Edited by timcalhoun