Gander Mountain has $25 .22 bricks

Gander Mountain has $25 Federal bulk .22 bricks in stock (limit one), and $2.49 50-round boxes of Federal 40 gr LRN (limit 10).

Free shipping for orders over $50, too.

Good luck ordering, though...

Their website is barely functioning. I've been trying for the last hour to log-in or checkout, with no luck so far.  :surrender:

Sometimes I can get through, but Firefox warns that the security certificate is not only expired, but belongs to a different domain name:

"74.213.151.199 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for secure.overtons.com.

The certificate expired on 10/5/2013 6:59 PM.

The current time is 3/28/2014 12:30 PM.

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)"

Not sure If I want one brick of .22 badly enough to risk giving my bank info to a shady site.

LOL. I went to Overtons.com to see who they were, and got this warning:

"74.213.151.198 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for secure.gandermountain.com.

The certificate expired on 9/28/2013 6:59 PM.

The current time is 3/28/2014 12:34 PM.

Couldn't even load the main page.

LOL. I went to Overtons.com to see who they were, and got this warning:

"74.213.151.198 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for secure.gandermountain.com.

The certificate expired on 9/28/2013 6:59 PM.

The current time is 3/28/2014 12:34 PM.

Couldn't even load the main page.

That's because it's Gander Mountain... you need Windows 95 and Netscape Navigator 1.0 to access it.

Anything newer will automatically re-direct you to Cheaper Than Dirt's website. :stir:

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

They're out of stock.

I called the 888 number to place an order the old-fashioned way, and after several busy attempts, finally got in to the queue. After 10 minutes on hold, a frazzled sounding rep quickly ran off the stock welcome spiel:

"Hi,WelcomeToGanderMountain,MyNameIsJames.

AreYouLookingToBuySome.22Today?"

Me: "(laugh) Actually, I am. Do you still have any in stock?"

"No, we're *completely* sold out."

We chatted for a minute or two about the humor of the situation. He said it's the first time they've ever had their entire operation at a standstill. He said the website was so overwhelmed that it couldn't update to show they were out of stock, and the phone lines were so full that the queue wouldn't accept new calls. No one at the call center could dial out either, because every line was taken.