Just Right Carbines?

hipower

After seeing some of the comments here, and watching a bunch of Utube vids, I've gotten curious about them.

I actually held one last fall, and it seemed  ok. I thought it was a good "hold" and just needed a better buttstock option for me.

Anyone have one? Any thoughts, comments, or recommendations?

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun 'N More in Smyrna has 3 or 4 of them on the wall, one of them in a hot pink spray graffiti pattern I think will really look good on you! :-D

I've had an interest in them as well, but have never shot one yet. From handling them in the shop, they seem very well built, but unnecessarily heavy, imho. Heavier than my quadrail AR, heavier than my Marlin 1894C 357, but not as heavy as my Mosin or M&P10. For a pistol caliber gun, I see no need for the excess weight. It's all in the receiver, which is one solid and tough chunk of metal. I'm a little torn. For half the price there are the Keltecs which I feel are a little crude, and then for 1/3 the price are the HiPoints with terrible capacity restrictions, and for about the same price as the JRC you can now get the Beretta carbines and those 92 mags are everywhere and cheap, with lots of 30-32 rd options as well. I've been very close to buying the Beretta, but that stock drives me nuts... seems made just for tiny Italians with thin wrists. The space for your wrist to fit through stock behind the grip is so narrow I can't get the proper grip angle. That's the only thing keeping me from diving into Beretta world, because as surely as I got the carbine, 92s and 96s would follow!

I'm still miffed that Smith doesn't just make a carbine on the M&P platform that streets around $600.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, YOU go buy a JRC, I'll come shoot it, and then I'll decide if I think the heft is worth it. ;-) Edited by musicman
I have one in 45 it is a fun gun. Mine has had a lot of rounds run through it.
It is blowback so it gets pretty dirty. Modular can be set up for 9 40 or 45.
I have shot fun lead and hollowpoints through it.
I like the fact it uses the same mags as my Glock 21.
If you want to shoot it let me know. I work at CHMR on Sundays. All you need to do is bring some ammo

Gun 'N More in Smyrna has 3 or 4 of them on the wall, one of them in a hot pink spray graffiti pattern I think will really look good on you! :-D

I've had an interest in them as well, but have never shot one yet. From handling them in the shop, they seem very well built, but unnecessarily heavy, imho. Heavier than my quadrail AR, heavier than my Marlin 1894C 357, but not as heavy as my Mosin or M&P10. For a pistol caliber gun, I see no need for the excess weight. It's all in the receiver, which is one solid and tough chunk of metal. I'm a little torn. For half the price there are the Keltecs which I feel are a little crude, and then for 1/3 the price are the HiPoints with terrible capacity restrictions, and for about the same price as the JRC you can now get the Beretta carbines and those 92 mags are everywhere and cheap, with lots of 30-32 rd options as well. I've been very close to buying the Beretta, but that stock drives me nuts... seems made just for tiny Italians with thin wrists. The space for your wrist to fit through stock behind the grip is so narrow I can't get the proper grip angle. That's the only thing keeping me from diving into Beretta world, because as surely as I got the carbine, 92s and 96s would follow!

I'm still miffed that Smith doesn't just make a carbine on the M&P platform that streets around $600.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, YOU go buy a JRC, I'll come shoot it, and then I'll decide if I think the heft is worth it. ;-)

Nice of you to offer my money and servies there pal.

But the color is wrong...it must be Lemon Twist Yellow. Have to be true to my Mopar days.

I don't remember the weight on the one I handled, I'll have to look at that.

I do agree about the HighPoints. I like the look and price, hate the mag issue. And the Taurus  UGLY and has mag issues, just to cover it. lol

I have the Beretta and am ambivalent on it. For me, it's just a so/so rifle.

The Smith idea is good. You'd think with the popularity of PCRs these days it would happen.

I have one in 45 it is a fun gun. Mine has had a lot of rounds run through it.
It is blowback so it gets pretty dirty. Modular can be set up for 9 40 or 45.
I have shot fun lead and hollowpoints through it.
I like the fact it uses the same mags as my Glock 21.
If you want to shoot it let me know. I work at CHMR on Sundays. All you need to do is bring some ammo

Thanks, zgunbear, when the weather and my sinus crap clears; I'd like to take you up on that.

The modular aspect is sort of what appeals to me most. After watching so many of the videos, it stikes me as about as easily maintained and cleaned rifle/carbine as I've seen. And that makes it real attractive to me.

I do like the caliber conversion kits. I don't remember the pricing from the site at the moment, but seemed borderline on conversion kit vs another complete gun.

Maybe I'm misremembering, I know that when I bought a G17 lower for my AA 22 kit; it was getting perilously close to the cost of buying a used gun.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys. I'll keep listening, looking, and ee what comes to the forefront.

Maybe something else will grab me...like one of those great Smiths from gr8smiles!

Edited by hipower