My First handgun

JeffsSig

I had the good fortune of buying back the very first handgun I ever bought.

Back in the mid 70’s (around 1973-74) I bought my first revolver at a local Bait N Tackle shop when I was 13 years old. The lady who ran it had asked me when I was eyeing the gun to make sure my dad was ok with me buying it. I returned a few weeks latter after saving enough to buy it and she took me at my word that Dad had said it was ok. (As I did ask him)

I then sold the gun a few years latter to a man at my church.

I remembered the gun a few weeks ago and asked the man if he still had it and found out his daughter had it now. She agreed to sell me back the gun. So after 30 plus years I now have my first handgun back.

It is nothing special being a 6 shot revolver 4†Iver Johnson 22 Mag But the gun is still in nice condition and brings back old memories of plinking away afternoons and Saturdays.

I haven’t re-shot it yet but I will soon.

I thought some might enjoy my little story and a few pictures of a gun not seen around much these days.

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story and thanks once again for sharing. Awesome that you actually have your first gun back and it makes it even better with the story. I also really liked the part about the Store Clerk asking if you had permision from your dad. Ahh the good ole days when a mans word (or boys in this case) really meant something. It is however a good thing in my opinion that todays 13 year olds cannot buy guns :rofl:.

Guest rufusgooch

Your first guns always have a special place in your heart and your gun safe. One quick question. How much did it cost you each time you bought it?

For some reason my brother has my first gun a .22 H&R bolt action and thinks it's his.He also has a Marlin 336 our Mother bought me when I was 18.Oh well,they are still in the family I suppose.