FTF sales only?

JeffsSig

I notice in the classified section a lot of sellers offer only FTF. I have seen a lot listed like this on other forums also.

My question is: What is the problem or big deal to ship? If I had a gun for sale id not knock myself out of a sell over not wanting to ship.

My FFL here in town only charges 10$ plus the acual shipping cost to another FFL and uses USPS priority and only runs around 10-15$

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362
I think it's a lot less hassle if you meet/sell FTF. Less chance of anything going wrong, and if anything does go wrong, it can quickly be resolved.

especially since we all apparently sell all of our guns to the same large african fellow with gold teeth down in the ghetto. If anything does go wrong then we should have another gun or two on us. too bad this guy has apparently bought like 10k guns lately lol

Guest bkelm18

For me personally, its just cheaper to do it FTF. There's no shipping fees, there's no transfer fees, there's no TICS fee. All that adds up. If someone wanted a gun I'm selling but lived on the other side of the state, I'd be more than happy to ship it (to a dealer) provided they paid for shipping. It's also more convenient. I'd rather set up a quick meet while I'm out for lunch or on my way home from work than go through a FFL which takes a little more time and effort.

Guest sermon8r
I notice in the classified section a lot of sellers offer only FTF. I have seen a lot listed like this on other forums also.

My question is: What is the problem or big deal to ship? If I had a gun for sale id not knock myself out of a sell over not wanting to ship.

My FFL here in town only charges 10$ plus the acual shipping cost to another FFL and uses USPS priority and only runs around 10-15$

You MUST be a Mfg or Dealer to ship firearms USPS per PS Form 1508

I dont know if a C&R Type FFL would qualify or not.

after the cash was in my hand i would take it to a FFL and the buyer would have to pay shipping etc etc etc. but FTF is the best way:koolaid:

Guest bkelm18
You MUST be a Mfg or Dealer to ship firearms USPS per PS Form 1508

I dont know if a C&R Type FFL would qualify or not.

after the cash was in my hand i would take it to a FFL and the buyer would have to pay shipping etc etc etc. but FTF is the best way:koolaid:

He was speaking of his FFL using USPS, not himself.

It seems to me, that what may be a good deal on a FTF deal, suddenly becomes a bad deal when you add in all the associated fees of a FFL transfer.

So, who pays for this? Buyer? Seller?

Just my $.02.

As with most things - the buyer pays fees like that.

But I think you are right on the fees making a good deal not as good.

Consider $45 in fees and shipping on a general sale. Not a big deal on a $1500 gun. A very big deal for a sub $300 gun.