Red Dot Scope on your handgun ???

JeffsSig

Ok I am looking for some of you out there that has used a Red Dot Scope on your handgun. Is it worth the time and cash to buy one? Have you bought one and found out you can shoot just as good without the scope?

I guess I am trying to talk myself into buying one but I hate to buy something Ill not use after I get it.

Thoughts, Comments, and views please………

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest superslacker

I mentioned that I wanted a laser sight for one of my Glocks at the range one day and some grizzled old range rat bitched me out for mentioning that I wanted to get a laser sight for my handgun. He rambled on about how optics and the sort are garbage. "The front sight is all you need!!!!", he said. Anyways, I've now found out through my own experience that for defense purposes FOR ME the "focus on the front sight" technique trully is much faster, reliable, and just as accurate as optic sights. Sorry about the bad story, but it came to mind when I read the post.

Guest Astra900
some grizzled old range rat

Dang I hate those MFers'!!! KNow it all couch commandos. Why can't they just leave people the ___ alone?

I wish I could have a red dot on my .22pistol :( Tried several, can't see 'em. Even in low light. Red/green color blind, and it sucks. If I could see them, I would have one on half the guns I own. I want an Eotech on my AR. No sense in wasting the money. Stupid hereditary defect.:up:

Nothing wrong with the red dots. Just use them as designed. Don't try to make them into sniper scopes! They are great for both eyes open shooting.

Burris makes this:

http://www.swfa.com/p-12495-burris-1x-fastfire-red-dot-reflex-sight.aspx

Its much smaller than my eotech and will mount on pistols, shot guns and currently lots of tac guys mount this size on the side of their scopes for target aquisition or close quarters when the scope is to much to use.

Nice dot and takes up very little space.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Guest VolGrad

I have used Crimson Trace laser grips before and liked them OK. I don't think they are a "must have" but certainly don't "hurt" either.

If you are talking about mounting some type of optics/scope ... I personally would never do that unless maybe hunting game. Seems very cumbersome for marginal (if any) gains.

Thoughts, Comments, and views please………

Okay here goes… :yuck:

If you are using sights you are not defensive shooting you are target shooting.

If you are doing target shooting that allows any kind of optics; why not get a handgun scope and just have one hole in the center of your target? :D