FFL transfer question for local dealers

DaveTN

If I buy a gun off GA or GB and have you do the transfer, can you electronically send a copy of your FFL or do you have to mail a copy.

Or in short I want to know if I pay right then; can they ship right then?

Recently when I purchased a gun from Buds I picked a local dealer to do the transfer because he was already listed with Buds. When I called him after I placed the order he said he didn’t have to do anything because Buds already had all his info. He just said he would call me when it came in. That was on Wednesday he had it Friday. Does it work the same way for other dealers through GB or GA?

Seems I can never find WTF I need locally.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I buy a gun off GA or GB and have you do the transfer, can you electronically send a copy of your FFL or do you have to mail a copy.

Or in short I want to know if I pay right then; can they ship right then?

Recently when I purchased a gun from Buds I picked a local dealer to do the transfer because he was already listed with Buds. When I called him after I placed the order he said he didn’t have to do anything because Buds already had all his info. He just said he would call me when it came in. That was on Wednesday he had it Friday. Does it work the same way for other dealers through GB or GA?

Seems I can never find WTF I need locally.

A dealer can fax a copy of their FFL to another dealer. A dealer can also keep a copy on "file" for future transactions as long as the copy is current.

If the FFL on file is current they can ship right away.

As far as not being able to find what you're looking for at the local dealer, can't they order it for you? We keep a large inventory but also "special order" items which may not be in stock for customers on a daily basis.

A dealer can fax a copy of their FFL to another dealer. A dealer can also keep a copy on "file" for future transactions as long as the copy is current.

If the FFL on file is current they can ship right away.

As far as not being able to find what you're looking for at the local dealer, can't they order it for you? We keep a large inventory but also "special order" items which may not be in stock for customers on a daily basis.

Thanks.

The forum dealers have given me some pretty good deals on stuff I have purchased that was in-stock and I always contact them first. But when it comes to ordering a gun the prices are usually pretty steep. I don’t blame them for that; they want to sell what they have not what they can get.

Also when I want it I want it. :) My last purchase was a PLR-16, some thought they might be able to get one but didn’t know when it would be.

I don't understand why someone would jack the price up on an item they're going to sell anyway. That's just suicide for return business.

Oh, I’m not saying they jack the price up. But a couple of the dealers here give a pretty good “Forum Discount†on the stuff they have in stock.

jwp,

what is your take on the kel-tec pf9? i understand it is a small pocket pistol ideal for pocket or purse carry. forgive me, i'm still a newbee on handguns. does cca have one for sale or to rent (to make sure b4 purchase)? i am interested for both my wife and sister who want to carry a smaller firearm. i would prefer a 9mm for my wife since i currently own a 9mm (don't have to purchase two types of ammo!). your thoughts pelase-

Oh, I’m not saying they jack the price up. But a couple of the dealers here give a pretty good “Forum Discount†on the stuff they have in stock.

I can understand that, but it isn't going to cost them any more to order a gun they are going to order in the first place. Why not carry that discount forward?

Also, it's actually going to cost less to sell you the gun that was ordered than the gun that was in stock. I just don't understand how some people stay in business with their goofy policies.

I can understand that, but it isn't going to cost them any more to order a gun they are going to order in the first place. Why not carry that discount forward?

Also, it's actually going to cost less to sell you the gun that was ordered than the gun that was in stock. I just don't understand how some people stay in business with their goofy policies.

I don’t know… I just give them first shot at it before I go outside the forum. Not only do I donate to the forum but I try to buy from the forum vendors. I just shoot them a PM with what I want; the ones that know me know when I do that I’m going to buy.

I don’t contact you because you are to far away. :)