Experience with 7.62x39 AR uppers?

KKing

That is a great looking rifle!

Thanks bud. As always, it has turned into a much more expensive project than originally planned. Has a faxon barrel, AIM Nitride BCG, Mega trigger, DD furniture, and Ergo rail. Need to decide on a muzzle device soon (brake vs comp) and order my Syrac adjustable gas block. Will be a few months before I can buy the optic I want for it. As long as I can have it together and tested before November deer season I'm good. Edited by KKing

Thanks bud. As always, it has turned into a much more expensive project than originally planned. Has a faxon barrel, AIM Nitride BCG, Mega trigger, DD furniture, and Ergo rail. Need to decide on a muzzle device soon (brake vs comp) and order my Syrac adjustable gas block. Will be a few months before I can buy the optic I want for it. As long as I can have it together and tested before November deer season I'm good.

Lol, I know the feeling. I always say I'm gonna spend $xxx on a rifle and then end up going well above that. Always tell myself: "well, I tried." Looks great! Love to see an AAR after you get it in the field.
  • 2 months later...

Well I have to say, I'm very pleased with my decision to build an AR in this caliber. So far I only have a little over 250 rounds through the gun but it's been flawless, and surprisingly hasn't gotten near as dirty as I imagined it would. I'll put a scope on it around Christmas and shoot some groups, but for now I'm just pleased that it's stupid easy to hit a 8" steel plate consistently at around 125 yards with irons. This magazine has also been reliable, it's a newly released multi caliber magazine, and holds 25 rounds of 7.62x39. I've also been using the newest CPD 30 round magazines with great luck.

cc5af892f84fa1453fd91176edb24681.jpg

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, KKing said:

Wanted to update this post with last Saturday's results. Shot this 8 round group, should be around 1.5". This gun has quickly became one of my favorites. Not one bobble, and accuracy with cheap ammo. This was with Wolf 123gr HP.

2c658b0af58f7d7ce32a8c8e033410a7.jpg

d6acf05be5674c5a471bea1d732aa5b8.jpg

5e46293918428ea270a8a61121f42695.jpg

Nice ! Very nice ! Can I ask how much you invested ?

Edited by Fourtyfive