Get out of the snow - Indoor Match - 31 January

This is an early heads-up/mark your calendar announcement. Gunny's Indoor Range in Maryville Tennessee will be hosting a 6 stage indoor pistol match on Saturday, 31 January 2009. It will be a "hybrid" match - IPSC rules (generally) and IDPA scoring. Lewis scoring and first place prizes will be awarded to Gold, Silver, and Bronze divisions. $60 entry fee - $3500 prize table.

More rules to follow or pm me for particulars.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Gunnys has a match every Thursday night starting at 7 pm. $15 entry fee. $50 first place, $25 second place. The type of match varies from bowling pin match, .22 match, to hybrid tactical matches. The hybrid matches are held on the second Thursday of the month.

Edited by 2Alpha

MORE DETAILS

GUNNY’S FIRST ANNUAL

GET OUT OF THE SNOW INDOOR MATCH

31 JANUARY 2009

Format: This is a one day tactical pistol match with 6 stages, with typically 12-24 rounds per stage. IDPA targets and scoring is used, though typically, no cover, concealment, or magazine retention requirements. No extreme physical stuff, but your skills will be tested and you will have a good time.

When: Saturday, 31 January 2009

On-site registration begins at 8:00 AM. Shooters meeting at 9:00 AM

First shots fired at 9:30 AM

Where: Gunny’s Indoor Range

2208 East Broadway

Maryville, TN

865-233-3471

Guns: If your gun is legal in IDPA, or in USPSA Limited/Limited-10/Single Stack/Production, then it’s fine for this match. . No optics or compensators. Magazine wells, long heavy dust shrouds, bull barrels and oversize magazine releases are permitted, however the gun must fit into the IDPA test box

Magazines: Extended magazines are permitted, however “All pistols are limited to 10 rounds maximum in the magazine, regardless of magazine capacity.†You may carry as many magazines as you wish.

Gear: Gear must be basically IDPA or IPSC Production/Limited legal. No race rig holsters, etc. Holster and magazines to be behind the centerline of the body

Ammo Requirements: 80-120 rounds NOTE- round count is an estimate. Always bring extra.

Cost: $60

Lewis Scoring System: Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place in Gold, Silver, and Bronze Divisions (assuming a full field). Remaining prizes to be awarded based on order of finish. Awards presentation will take place within 45 minutes after the last shot is taken. Presuming there are 60 shooters, there will be a $3500 prize table with EVERYBODY going to the table at least once.

You all ought to make that a regular monthly event.I recall Guncraft used to get some huge crowds on Sat. nights for the IPSC matches.They just had a bad habit of not sending the classifier scores in however.

A big +1.......

DaG

Hm. You know, it is bad that, even with all three of my magazines and one in the tube, I would not be able to meet the maximum proposed round-per-stage. And given that have 8, 7, and 6 round magazines, and given IDPA rules, I would be stuck at 19 total rounds for all stages. *sighs* I need better guns.

Linoge- for this match you will not be limited to the number of magazines on your belt. Looking at your mags, (8,7,6 rounders) with one in the chamber, you would be carrying 22 rounds. That will probably be the max for any one stage, plus I imagine someone will loan you an extra mag when it's your turn. While everybody needs more guns, all you really need for this match is one more magazine. Come on join the fun.

Well, count me in, 2Alpha. I may run dry on a few courses (something tells me you do not keep spare PPS mags around - those are, perhaps, the only things more rare than the actual firearm), but at least it should pass a day or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest infinity40
You all ought to make that a regular monthly event.I recall Guncraft used to get some huge crowds on Sat. nights for the IPSC matches.They just had a bad habit of not sending the classifier scores in however.

Guncraft was cool, I shot down there years ago, many times. I haven't fired any of my handguns in years.

Them was good times, Guncraft, Oak Ridge, Asheville, WRSCC...

One weekend I shot Asheville on Saturday morning, Guncraft that night and the old Oak Ridge club range on Sunday.

Sorry, taking a trip down memory lane... didn't mean to abduct you all. :popcorn:

My first competitive shooting was done at the Guncraft matches back in the early 90's. Always did enjoy those matches.

There is a difference at Gunnys indoor range compared to the Guncraft matches. At Gunnys concrete walls divide the range into 3 separate bays. Therefore we will be able to run each stage independently of the other other stages. We can also create somewhat more interesting stages using wooden walls and curtains to create hallways and rooms.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Traumaslave

FANTASTIC SHOOT!!!! Got to give it to Gunny's crew, they handled their first big match well. Good time had by all, nice prize table, good conversation sitting around. 23 shooters. I didn't do as bad as I thought I might, actually did alot better than I thought I would. 8th over all in a field with 5 pro shooters.:D Looking forward to the next one.:)

First Place Gold - Springfield XD that got swapped out for a Smith & Wesson MP

First Place Silver (8th overall) - Keltec pistol

First Place Bronze (16th overall) - Mossberg Shotgun

Lots of fun, fairly efficient without a lot of waiting around, don't miss it next time.

Guest Traumaslave

I took the Keltec. :D:koolaid: Also had a nice cross bow, lots of hunting stuff like a trail camera, a box of various assorted items, high dollar deer urine, big cleaning kit, load bearing vest, BlackHawk camel pac,,,,,, the list goes on. Had the list filled out to 60?????? I can't imagine how that table would have looked.

2alpha,,,,Let me know if you want another RO for next time.

Edited by Traumaslave