3 Gun Shotgun

Stoeger MK3 for price.  Jerry may run the 930 but he knows how to keep it running.  Not many serious 3 gunners run the 930 and I have seen plenty with issues.  The shotgun is the one platform you do not want to go cheap with.  The Beretta 1301 can be had for under 1000.00 and will serve you very well in the stock configuration.  The Beretta is my recommendation.

• Like 1

The Beretta 1301 is what I would get if I wanted the name or didn't want to make any modifications. I shoot a Stoeger M3000 that I got new for $469. I added a Nordic tube, a Benelli bolt handle, and opened up the loading port. I couldn't be happier. A friend of mine has the 1301. I've used it some. It's super nice, but I do just as well with my Stoeger. The Stoeger actually shoulders a little better for me, and it's functioned 100% since I've had it. Not one single malfunction with multiple 3gun shoots under it's belt. 

My vote is also the 1301!!!  I have owned and shot, (when I say shot I mean anywhere from hundreds to thousands of RDS) through the Remington 1100 when I first started to shoot 3 gun and I also the Remington Versa Maxs tactical.  I liked the Versa and I'd would most likely still be shooting it if it wasn't for the issue of slugs.  Everyone has the right to there own opinion on what is the best.  But only you can decide for your-self.  Shoot all of them, read everything that there is on the shotguns.  And buy what you can afford and shoot it and reload and reload some-more.  And when you are done with reloading, reload some-more.. Oh by the way, the worst feeling to have, is to show up to a match and your equipment craps out on you. Buy equipment that works and is reliable......

CZ makes good stuff. I have no personal experience with their shotguns and have never squaded with anyone at a match that was shooting one. There is a reason you only see a few pistol or shotgun platforms being used by serious 3 gun competitors. They go with what is proven and works.  The benelli has proven itself over time. The beretta has proven itself over a much shorter period of time but is being used by many. The versa max does not see as much use as it has in the past. The stoeger has proven to be solid but in much smaller numbers. whatever you get, make sure it fits you or can be adjusted with shims to fit you. It makes a major difference.