Johnny Rotten, we need to meet-up!

Because I just bought this combo and want to compare the ROF to your FA. :up:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F1a0HWKWxF8

Trigger will be here Monday. I assume the Slidefire will be here by the end of the week, so maybe meet-up this coming weekend at Terry's for some fun and videoing?

I accept the challenge :hat:

Those 2 yahoos in the video said they had a 16 and were going to compare the two, they didn't :waiting: .

The ROF in the video is around 8-850ish, I'll admit for $500-800 to do mag dumps in FA is cheap and not have to do the whole NFA thing, when he suppressed it the ROF went to 950+ and was overgassed he could correct that by and adjustable gas block and get the ROF back down... 

I prefer to be around 650-700 ROF(chug, chug, chug x 30), there's that old seal saying: slow is smooth, smooth is fast..lol

I'll be off the grid for the next 3 weekends, soonest I can go would be 6/13

• Like 1

I shot a 3MR & Slidefire setup on a blowback 9mm setup. EIther one is plenty fast once you learn the system. Combined ROF was ridiculous, but it was a hoot.

I can't wait to test this out.

Was it easy as the guy makes it look in the video above to shoot it fast like a MG?
  • Admin Team

I can't wait to test this out.

Was it easy as the guy makes it look in the video above to shoot it fast like a MG?

In the blowback gun, you didn't really even have to think about it.

The 3MR, despite the scorn the internets has heaped upon it, really isn't a bad trigger. The 'assisted' mode is kind of gimmicky, but I'd say less so than the Slidefire. Regular semiautomatic operation is comparable with a good drop-in trigger. Now that they've dropped the price, the delta between it and other triggers is probably worth it for the fun quotient for a lot more people.

In the blowback gun, you didn't really even have to think about it.
The 3MR, despite the scorn the internets has heaped upon it, really isn't a bad trigger. The 'assisted' mode is kind of gimmicky, but I'd say less so than the Slidefire. Regular semiautomatic operation is comparable with a good drop-in trigger. Now that they've dropped the price, the delta between it and other triggers is probably worth it for the fun quotient for a lot more people.

I caught the Tac-Con on sale plus a coupon code, so I got it for $302 shipped to my door. I also got the Slidefire On sale for $129, so not bad really.

To me, the Slidefire is worthless without a good trigger because the gun will slide back and forth and move around too much in general to be controllable and anywhere near accurate.

So IMHO, a Tac-Con 3MR or Giesle SD3G would be some of the better triggers to use with a Slidefire.

Just in case you wanted to compare it to a M16 FCG.

When you rotate the selector from semi to FA the selector engages the GI sear and moves it FW, when the hammer travels rearward the hook on the trigger catches the bottom of the sear, it only stops when you let off the trigger or you run out of ammo.

AR15 FCG parts are totally different.. 

IMG_20150518_154310840_zpszox4e4kq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That's pretty fast on the bipod!

Green shirt is Johnny firing real FA's. Slidefire with Tac-Con is me in the white t-shirt (too hot for the shirt I had on over it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by JohnC

That was fun I haven't shot in almost a year, Thanks for sharing the videos.. 

My shrike upper sure wasn't running right at all, I had 2-3 bolt over round stoppages on every belt shot..

This was the first time I used exploding targets, that was really cool, every time you shot your 50 I turned and looked down range to see if someone shot my targets..

I'm still giggling over Terry yelling out cold range and asking the group who's shooting FA or using a bump fire gun, the other group shooting on the bench's all looked at me then Terry knew, when he came back for the second time after ripping through 2-100rd belts, he said he was just there to observe, when he stopped by for a third time I sure thought we were done..

Fun Day.....

• Like 1

That was fun I haven't shot in almost a year, Thanks for sharing the videos.. 
My shrike upper sure wasn't running right at all, I had 2-3 bolt over round stoppages on every belt shot..
This was the first time I used exploding targets, that was really cool, every time you shot your 50 I turned and looked down range to see if someone shot my targets..
I'm still giggling over Terry yelling out cold range and asking the group who's shooting FA or using a bump fire gun, the other group shooting on the bench's all looked at me then Terry knew, when he came back for the second time after ripping through 2-100rd belts, he said he was just there to observe, when he stopped by for a third time I sure thought we were done..
Fun Day.....

Fun day for sure! We'll have to do it again soon! :up:

We blew through some ammo. My can (smaller than you can(s) though) was full of 30 and 40 round pmags loaded up with IMI M855, but after Terry said his neighbor was complaining, I just moved to the 50 BMG. I didn't want any trouble. :lol: