Update Prentice Cooper range page...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are braver than I am for going to PC! Ive had too many bad experiences up there. Be careful (not saying any of you are not careful but most the people i have seen up there are not careful)

1. a buddy and I saw a guy shoot 1 round out of a pistol and the brass stove piped so the he looked down the barrel without dropping the mag or racking the slide. (we left)

2. 2 idiots were holding long barreled shotguns ( I know non-rifled shotguns are not allowed) one handed with the stock against their forearms. (everyone left that day)

3. a family of idiots were shooting from one side of the pistol area to the other side of the pistol area into a huge puddle of water.

4. I saw a guy get into a BIG argument with a ranger which almost resulted in the range being closed down for the day ( it was over a shotgun being used)

5. I was shooting a cx4 storm on the long pistol range and out of the corner of my eye I saw a guy walk down the 100 yard range without saying anything. I confronted him. He proceed to tell me it was my fault I did not hear him call range cold. I told him next time make sure I hear you. not 10 minutes later he did it again!

I have never been back since!

A few months later i joined the Chattanooga Rifle Club

All I am saying is if you choose to go to PC watch those around you closely!

Hey, Mousegunner. Just want to say thanks again for keeping the PC page updated with closure dates.

By the way, in the pics, you might include the mailbox where the sign-in sheet is kept. You can sign in as "John Doe" if you like, but the ranger said he wants to show it's being used so the State doesn't cut funding for the range.

Oh, and isn't there an outhouse behind and to the right of the pistol range? At least, that's what I've been told it is. I've not been brave enough to use it...

Oh, and isn't there an outhouse behind and to the right of the pistol range? At least, that's what I've been told it is. I've not been brave enough to use it...

You have to climb up on the platform and squat if you need to :D through the hole,I am not kidding.