Robinhood (Smart Investing and a Free Stock)

• Moderators

First, let me first state that I sincerely hope this is considered ok by most everyone here. I sincerely believe it brings benefit to the community here, but fully disclose that it could also bring benefit to me.

I've been using "Robinhood" for about a year now. Personally, I put most of my money into ETF's and try to just let the money sit there and grow. Few people ever truly make money day trading, and even fewer people "strike it big" and get rich. To me, day trading is much like playing the lottery, although I suppose one could argue that trends/events could potentially lead the market sectors certain ways.

Now, the great thing about Robinhood is that you can buy/sell stocks without fees of any kind! All of the other "big" stock trading companies charge fees of close to $10 per trade. Robinhood is free. I like this because if I want to take $10 a week and buy a stock, I can! Traditionally, you are eating into your investment/returns with trading fees. If you only invest $20 a week but $10 of that goes to fees, that's foolish! Robinhood does make money, both off the interest of the cash in your account as well as upselling you to a "Gold" level that you can use for leveraging (borrowing money to buy stock, in my opinion it's way too risky for me).

Robinhood isn't a full featured as some of the bigger trading platforms, but it's tested and works to what it claims. Right now they are offering a promotion where you get free stock for signing up on an affiliate link, and for each person that signs up I would get a free stock too. Just figured I'd post here, bring some attention to what I consider a good option for investing, and see if some people here as well as myself could get a few free stock shares. I'd say most of the stock giving out are low value stocks, but it does say you have a decent chance of getting a few of the bigger ones.

Join Robinhood and we'll both get a share of stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. Make sure you use my link.

http://share.robinhood.com/mattheb690

I found this in their overview:

The stock bonus is one share selected randomly, when the bonus criteria are met, from Robinhood’s inventory of settled shares held for this program. When shares are purchased into this inventory, Robinhood purchases shares from the three to four companies representing the highest market capitalization in various ranges of share prices between approximately $3 and $175, limited to those companies that are widely held among Robinhood accounts. There is an approximately 98% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $2.50-$10, an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $10-$50, and an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $50-$200, based on the price of shares at the time of purchase. The Robinhood platform displays approximate odds of receiving shares from particular companies at the time the screen is generated. These odds do not necessarily reflect the odds of receiving stock in those companies at the time the stock bonus is awarded.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic