East Tn TGO Members JULY 2007 Meet

Guest Phantom6
Its not bad, unless you're Phantom6..then you're a target and things are REALLY interesting!

This time should be a bit more fun.

with luck, I might be able to figure out a way to put up a 200 yard rifle range..but I have to consult with the grand high mogul, Mark@sea

:popcorn:

Yeah, fortunately the guy was shooting at the pistol targets down in the draw and I just saw the weeds being cut up to my left. Did I get all the moss and leaves out of my beard after trying to crawl up behind that little-assed tree? I know it was at least 2 ft. in diameter but I swear it felt more like a pop-cicle stick. It's one thing to expect that rounds could come screeming through the trees and weeds in your general direction but quite another still to have that happen on a cold, square range.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

:(Sorry folks. I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I've got a NRA Pistol/TNHCP class to do Saturday. Thought I was going to have another instructor to take it but plans ran aground. Have fun and take pics.

Mike, its ok, I've been working on the little range there...theres' LOTS less weeds, you'll be a MUCH clearer target :rolleyes:

Just kidding.

there will be target boards and stands, a couple of picnic tables and regular tables and I'm hoping that everyone that comes will enjoy it much better!

for anyone that is coming, you're welcome to call me to let me know when you'll be there, where you want to eat, etc.

606-273-5004

I doubt I'll make this one but we'll see.

Did we ever set up whether we'll meet first for lunch or just meet at the range?

Last time we met at Pratt's at 1100.

If just going to the range, someone had better post driving instructions again.

And Tower, you need to get a phone with a local area code. :rolleyes:

I'll have to miss this one. I have to be in JC at noon. :)

I talked to Mike at Top Notch Guns and he'll miss it too. Has to be in Bristol about then.

BTW, Top Notch is closing. The property was bought by someone who doesn't want a gun shop. They will close around the end of August.

I suggest that for September, we get the schedule set really early as to what we will do when.

Tower, how does lunch look this next week?

Tower, no super deals yet, but I did pick up a Remington Dehumidifier for my safe.

Model 365 Mini-Dehumidifier

mini_dehumidifier.jpg

You recharge it by just plugging it in for 8-12 hours. The stuff I'm using now has to be baked in the oven for hours. Big pain and it keeps me from making cookies all day long. :) Got it for about 20% off - $19.50 which seems to be a good price. With a month to go, I don't think the deals will be super for a while.

Mike is job hunting, of course. If you know of a place that needs an old hippie....

Busy shop yesterday. One guy was doing 15 shotgun transfers. Talked a lot to an old vet who did Marshall Plan stuff in Europe, was at Chosin Reservoir in Korea and worked for MAAG in Vietnam. He says the prostitutes in Pigalle (Pig Alley) were the best.

hahahah

yah, I know those old guys..my uncle was one of them...

as for the prostitutes on the pigalle, did you hear that joke about the marine captain who met the prostitute on the pigalle...

After the fact she said "Sadly mon capitaine, the act is done and now comes the time for payment."

The marine Captain said "Oh No ma'am, I'm an officer and a Gentleman, we don't take payment for a public service!".

I WILL keep my eyes open for a suitable job for mike...if I find something I'll sing out.

Nice dehumidifier!

I don't have a gunsafe yet...just a brother with someone at the house all the time, eventually I'll have one.

its on my to do list...(that sucker is getting longer every day!!)

arrrg!

I thought Sue was just going to post only the shooting pics!

I'll download the pertinent ones and post them.

On a side note, the two youngsters have been put to work cleaning up the clearing, and before you know it, we'll have target stands, 2- 130 yard rifle lane and about 4 lanes for pistols.

I know its' not alot but I'm working on it.

Hey Boom, did you get a chance to pick up your pistol?

I sent it with mike, I don't know if you want to go by his place or if you're not in that much of a hurry to pick it up.

Sadly, I sent it up to you without cleaning it..I'm sorry..I'll clean one of yours next time you're up this way to make up for it.:)

Guest Boomhower
Hey Boom, did you get a chance to pick up your pistol?

I sent it with mike, I don't know if you want to go by his place or if you're not in that much of a hurry to pick it up.

Sadly, I sent it up to you without cleaning it..I'm sorry..I'll clean one of yours next time you're up this way to make up for it.:)

Yeah, not too worried about it at the moment. As I told Mike the other night, I've not been able to shoot in a while anyways.

And don't worry about the cleaning thing....I'll just deduct my wages before I send you the money.:(....J/K

Sorry about that Mars, that was My sis in laws' photobucket page..

I'm not sure she wanted that one shared!

but this is MY photobucket page and I don't mind sharing :)

As you can See, Mike.357 made it (hes the guy standing next to the gun rack.) and made it a great shoot for everyone!

we also had hamburgers grilled out and pretty much shot until dark.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/towerclimber37/

You all missed some big and loud fun up in Kingsport.:)

Just as well as it was more ammo and hamburgers for me;)

We shot for hours and hours. It was toooooo much fun. Lots of long guns to go around and of course many pistolas to blaze away with. Everything from .22 mags to 410 shotshells. Betwen the SKS, M44, M1A and others there was no end to the roar of big guns!

Tower even had some youngsters come on down and teach them proper shooting skills and safety habits. No "booger hooks" on triggers after Tower gets through with them:D. The looks on their faces when they made something go boom was well worth it.

Can't wait for the next time.

Guest c.a.s.

Sorry I couldn't come tower, Mom couldn't make the drive all the way from Clinton. In fact, at first she thought it was somewhere else until I enunciated "Kingsport". If oyu can make a high-definitoin map from Clinton or Oak Ridge to there, I could come, maybe. (Month after next, of course.)

Hopefully you can make it in August, at Phantom's.