PPCT baton/impact weapon class by Austin's

Guest grimel

We have a thread full of fun and games from the class. This thread is for a review of the class and material.

The class started with a series of multiple instructor lessons on basic mindset, use of force, use of force continuim, private citizen use of force, and back ground of the PPCT system. At least as important was the explaining of how different levels of force were legal for different people based on knowledge of the other person, age, health, and other attributes.

This was followed by hands-on finger tip application of some points and tool application of other points. This was done with constant supervision and demonstrations by the instructors.

If the students had problems locating the point, the instructors located the point and helped guide the student to the point. The most important part of the finger tip training was the instruction given as to WHEN and HOW this would be applicable to private citizens.

We then moved to baton deployment, carrying, and use. Much emphasis was placed on post training practice to own the technique. Even more emphasis was placed on how having the training and the confidence from owning the techniques would further lower the chances of needing the skills.

Yes, they managed to have a section on criminal victim selection process. For those who haven't heard this material it was worth the price of the class by itself. I wish more instructors felt the need to include this in their classes.

Then came the beating on the pads with the training batons and the hand/knee/feet strikes. Again, there was always an instructor close by monitoring the practice. When things came up the students were unable to do (round kicks for my 65yr old father) alternative methods were found. This further advances the school's belief self defense should be available to everyone.

Finally was the test.

Overall, a very good class adding one more tool to the tool box.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks "T.G." :D. I'm glad you enjoyed the class. I really would have hated to come across your Dad when he was younger, would have been rough on a person :P. That was one of the things I enjoy about the training is its fluidity in application for each individual person. We can adjust it to persons who have physical ailments so that they can apply it as well. When we get finished with the follow up class and offer it, you'll enjoy it as well and its furthers what we did in the PPCT/Baton class you took.

Thanks "T.G." :D. I'm glad you enjoyed the class. I really would have hated to come across your Dad when he was younger, would have been rough on a person :P.

He rode from Harrogate to Oak Ridge for 6 months on a KZ400 with 2 disks ruptured in his back. Oh, and dug up our septic tank with those disks with a pick and shovel. Yes, he would have been a handful when he was younger.

Nice class description! The part on criminal mindsets was definitely worth the money. I especially enjoyed the examples given by the police instructors.

Guest Phantom6

Here's a few photos from the class-

JLowe discusses the combat mindset

PPCT01.jpg

Our lead instructor demonstrates on a local dirt bag...er, ah... I mean Shadow12

PPCT10.jpg

Like a "dummy" I direct a student as to how to cause a subject intense pain so as to gain complience with about of two lbs. of properly applied pressure.

PPCT04.jpg

Jeff shows Bubbuiesdad how to find the "sweet spot" on the honorable SUNTZU. Danial signals that Kenny's got it.

PPCT06.jpg

What's that Jlowe up to now?

PPCT15.jpg

OK class where's the mandibular notch?

PPCT17.jpg

OK, this is the area we will drive our thumbs into as we snap the head back and drive the knee into the femoral area of the inner thigh.

PPCT19.jpg

OK, now for a little stick time. Shadow12 day dreams .

PPCT21.jpg

Let the beating begin

PPCT23.jpg

JLowe explains that as a beginner, if you do it right on Saturday you will still be sore on Monday :D

PPCT22.jpg

Judging from the comments we received Monday afternoon, everyone got it right :hat:

Thanks for all the great comments guys. On behalf of the rest of the instructors I have to say that we enjoyed teaching the class as much as y'all enjoyed taking it. In my book that is a successful training session. Now, practice, practice, practice. Your certificates and carry cards should be back within the week.

Edited by Phantom6
Guest shadow12
You do realise what the class was teaching me to do, don't you?

How to get just good enough to REALLY get your butt kicked by the little lady at home?

I told her about what I learned that afternoon. She said, and I quote, "Once you can snatch the pebble from my hand..." as she turned and walked into the kitchen. I know all the punches and kicks, I'm just used to having two people holding my opponent down. Its an Italian thing.

I told her about what I learned that afternoon. She said, and I quote, "Once you can snatch the pebble from my hand..." as she turned and walked into the kitchen. I know all the punches and kicks, I'm just used to having two people holding my opponent down. Its an Italian thing.

What you need to learn is to hit her while she's bumping her gums; then run.

What you need to learn is to hit her while she's bumping her gums; then run.

Just to be honest, I don't believe that Suntzu is going to outrun a highly p*ssed off woman. You should really do it when she's sleeping, during that moment of confusion when she's waking up will give you a better head start.:bow:

I would never hit my girlfriend. But if I did, the last thing I would see would be my blood shooting all over the wall in an arterial spray.

Google "samurai beheading youtube".

• 2 weeks later...

Say you have to take a class and be certified to carry one of the collapsible batons on your person and if so what about having one in your vehicle? You would think if you are licensed to carry a gun you could carry one of those. How is that deemed different from a tazer or pepper spray you dont have to do a class for one of those( that I know of) and if you have heart problems a tazer could put you down just like a gun, so the potential to kill is still there is it not. I would fancy taking the class though as well as my wife and daughter, what would be the age limit to such a class( she is ten) and a good kick in the sack may not always present its self. Like if the attacker was female but would a kid be strong enough to use the pressure points well enough to get away?

Thanks for any info:)

Guest bkelm18
Say you have to take a class and be certified to carry one of the collapsible batons on your person and if so what about having one in your vehicle? You would think if you are licensed to carry a gun you could carry one of those. How is that deemed different from a tazer or pepper spray you dont have to do a class for one of those( that I know of) and if you have heart problems a tazer could put you down just like a gun, so the potential to kill is still there is it not. I would fancy taking the class though as well as my wife and daughter, what would be the age limit to such a class( she is ten) and a good kick in the sack may not always present its self. Like if the attacker was female but would a kid be strong enough to use the pressure points well enough to get away?

I'd say your best bet is contacting Mike (Phantom6), he's the one that runs the class mentioned in this thread.

Guest shadow12

Pm sent Rando

Guest bkelm18
Cool

Are there any batton courses given close to K'ville? I wanted to get the batton cert so I can carry by sap.

The above described course is given in Oak Ridge... It looks like their next PPCT class is on March 7.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phantom6

Here's the latest class info for PPCT and Expandable Baton. Get certified to carry. This class will be held in our new training facility which we have added on to our existing location.

BatonAd.jpg