NM Holsters anyone got 1?

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

Been looking around trying to find something to blow some money on. Really wanting to try K&D Holsters but 6 month wait is a booger. Ive heard pretty good reviews on this cat & was curious if anyone here has tried him out? Plus looking @ at max of 4 weeks wait.

http://www.nm-holsters.com/products

Loon like a VM2 knockoff to me & the price for all leather isnt bad at all.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Im good either way. Since I already have a MTAC for IWB Im considering OWB. If for anything else just the option to do so if the mood hits me. I wear plenty of longer/semi baggy shirts plus its winter so it will still be concealed.

Been looking around trying to find something to blow some money on. Really wanting to try K&D Holsters but 6 month wait is a booger....

Says at bottom of defender pages (both IWB and OWB) 14-16 weeks. Not short, but not 6 months either...

I know Kevin gets rave reviews.

If I hadn't locked into Bullard early on, that Thunderbird sure is nice for a combo IWB/OWB, looks really good for both.

- OS

Guest eyebedam
Says at bottom of defender pages (both IWB and OWB) 14-16 weeks. Not short, but not 6 months either...

I know Kevin gets rave reviews.

If I hadn't locked into Bullard early on, that Thunderbird sure is nice for a combo IWB/OWB, looks really good for both.

- OS

Yeah I called He said he had been slammed with new orders & was loking closer to 6 month delivery times. He would be updating the site to reflect that when he got a little time. His work does look supurb. I should just go ahead & order 1 then forget about it. It will be like Christmas in July or something.

Yeah I called He said he had been slammed with new orders & was loking closer to 6 month delivery times. He would be updating the site to reflect that when he got a little time. His work does look supurb. I should just go ahead & order 1 then forget about it. It will be like Christmas in July or something.

Yeah, if you don't mind the wait, I think you'll be pleased. I've read rave after rave on DefensiveCarry re his stuff.

I emailed him once, asking about the extra piece of leather on the Thunderbird, mainly concerned more with thickness than whether the mouth stays open or not. He said that although that piece only adds 1/16" to thickness, he'd be happy to make it without it.

- OS

I have actually spoken to him a few times about making a holster that he didn't even list on his page at the time. He is a super nice guy and every review over at both of the 1911 forums are great. However, at a 6 month wait I would be going for a better quality holster maker. He'll even tell you himself that he is somewhat new to holster making and has posted more then once on the 1911 forums that even he didn't think his work was quite up to a "sparks" or "alessi". There is no doubt that his stuff is good, just not 6 months wait good (or at least to me it's not).