Hey....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RN MEDIC

Most folks with CZ handguns tell me that they shoot well and are really well made/good quality. One thing is does it feel good in your wife's hand and fit her grip well. A firearm needs to fit the hands/grip just like a pair of shoes, etc.

Good Luck, RN

ditto rn medic.

I never held a 2075, but CZ is top quality, and a great shooter.

scored perfect with it for hcp qualification.

when i bought I was looking at xd's but the p-01 fit perfect in my hand, and I could't put it down. I'll go back for a an XD later.

I'm fairly new to the area. My in-laws have a place I can shoot. I was planning on joining Cherokee, but we're moving nto a new house right now and it's cold.

Is there anywhere indoors around here that I'm missing?

Guest LiLBucket

The indoor range in Johnson City apparently had a fire and has yet to reopen anywhere (Point Blank is/was the name). I don't know of any other indoor facilities either, but I may be missing something also. I've been contemplating which club to join. Cherokee is a bit far for me, but I know someone who shoots there. Hopefully in the coming, warmer months I'll figure it out.

Point Blank had an electrical fire a while back and will not be reopening. All their inventory was sold off the other dealers in town. The guys who ran Point Blank were supposedly considering buying some property further out and building a new range there, but I haven't heard anything concrete about that.

Of the clubs in the area, Cherokee and Kettlefoot let you shoot pretty much when you want. Unaka has some problems and so the shooting days and hours are limited. I'd go for Cherokee.

Point Blank has always had problems marketing themselves properly to stay open. It could be a great indoor range. I wonder if it will ever reopen under the current ownership.

Point Blank had an electrical fire a while back and will not be reopening. All their inventory was sold off the other dealers in town.

That was part of their problem. Then never had much inventory. I think they were more interested in their Internet business and let the gun stuff slide.

All of the people who have tried running that location have priced their memberships well out of the range of students and a lot of other people. I had a membership for a year under the second owner, but got it in a trade of a laser for a G26 I no longer owned. I'd have gone for volume rather than high fees for a few people and built stock so people would come in to shoot and use that as a sales too to push the hardware.

I suspect the electrical fire just speeded up the inevitable closing.

They were starting to get more inventory there at the end, but the fire just finished the place off. Gun stores & ranges have to be a single focus business from what I've seen. The communications business took too much time away from the range itself, which is why it fell into such disrepair and the smoke blowers quit working properly.

Guest LiLBucket

I wondered about them. I went once or twice while attending ETSU, but the prices and lack of inventory did in fact turn me off from there. We'd usually just go to a buddy's field. I'd think an indoor range could work out if located and managed properly.