Clev. TN. show 2/14-2/15 09!

Guest slim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of shows lately have been so-so or bad, like a few in knox. in dec,&jan. but you you never know. Seems a lot of folks who went to the one last month in clev. said it was ok!

Just trying to figure out the best way to get there from chatt.

Get off at the first Cleveland exit,turn right at the light past the McDonalds and turn left at the next light.Keep going past the golf course and the Armory will be on your left.

Guest Traumaslave

Get up early and follow me there on my way home from work. I'll be leaving Erlanger @ around 0700.:D

A lot of shows lately have been so-so or bad, like a few in knox. in dec,&jan. but you you never know. Seems a lot of folks who went to the one last month in clev. said it was ok!

The ones I read in this forum said no go no way. I skipped it because of the consensus. If this one is any good, I'd 'preciate a headsup on Sat night!

Well, as to whether a show is rated good or bad, depends mainly on if the person going finds a particular group of guns and or ammo that he is looking for, as long as there are a decent amount of AW and milsurps avail. i usually consider it a good show!

Usually, as always a gunshow is the worst place to buy a gun, but a lot of times i do find something hard to get, or semi-rare at a decent price!

I mainly want to see AW prices as well as ammo, since it all went down a lot since Nov.

Iirc, what made my decision was the # of tables not devoted to flea market stuff. Unheard of low # in that case.

But I havent been going to shows since the election because of the insane lines and lack of 'stuff' for sale. The best thing about the shows anymore (at least for me) is Joe Public and what he brings to sell (tho he seems to just be bringing his golden stuff lately).

The show in January of this year at Cleveland was a different promoter. The promoter of this show put a show on in Cleveland two years ago that didn't turn out very well. I wish him luck, I hope it is a success. I haven't seen advertising other than classified ads however, so I'm not sure how well the word has gotten out to the public.

:rolleyes:Spuds, better put on the specs, this show is listed on the major gunshow listing for a long time! Right above where the knox. show next week was cancelled!

The last few that were held at the Alhambra Temple sucked sewer water.They (the temple) put on the show themselves and in all fairness the shows in Nashville,Knoxville and Atlanta were picking up steam and killing them by drawing the dealers away.They did have the best food anywhere though.It seems this show is being put on by a outside promoter so we'll see how it goes.

....did have the best food anywhere though......

Meaning it wouldnt gag a mangy stray dog that considers 3 day old roadkill to be manna from heaven?

All kidding and complaining aside, I hope EVERY gunshow is a huge success for promoters, dealers and attendees. And regardless, I hope that if you go to one on a Sat, you'll post here and let the rest of us know whether to make the drive.

Slim, about 1% of fun show attendees know about and view gunshows-usa.com I'd imagine. Again, I hope the show does well.

I didn't go to the January show, but one thing that promoter did that I liked was put up those crappy little signs by the major roads, the little ones about the size of a small election campaign sign. Good idea as long as they take them down immediately after it is over.

There's a buck off admission (only $5 anyway I think) if you clip the ad in the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Don't know if it will work, but I've made it easy for you, see the link to mousegunner's daily ads, print and cut where appropriate. They may want the real ad however.

http://www.mouseguns.com/class/feb1209.jpg

Meaning it wouldnt gag a mangy stray dog that considers 3 day old roadkill to be manna from heaven?

Meaning for breakfast home made biscuits and gravy,sausage,bacon and your eggs cooked to order.Lunch was grilled burgers,hot dogs and fries.:rolleyes:

Get off at the first Cleveland exit,turn right at the light past the McDonalds and turn left at the next light.Keep going past the golf course and the Armory will be on your left.

Easy, but when i got off at the first exit, i will be on a by-pass, so do i stay on it, or get off where the sign says Clev. which will lead, where the old Race-track is on South Lee Hwy? Remember i want to go to the gun show, not White-water rafting! Thanks:cool:

Easy, but when i got off at the first exit, i will be on a by-pass, so do i stay on it, or get off where the sign says Clev. which will lead, where the old Race-track is on South Lee Hwy?

Slim, turn right at the 4th traffic signal, might be the 5th, by the Bi-Lo, just past the Mickey D's. That is McGrady Drive. Take it to Dalton Pike, the next traffic signal. Turn left. Follow instructions above, Armory will be on the left about 3-4 miles from that point, just past the golf course.

Just got back and had a good time, $5.00 to get in and was crowded, Spuds had called me from there at 1 pm and told me it was good. There were only 2 AKs avail. and about 8 SKS but about 2 dz. ARs and plenty of milsurp rifles and guns! I really had a great time and it was nice seeing Spuds again!

Prices were so-so, depending where you went, glad i went!

Spuds, when did you become a Law Enforcement Officer?

Yep, outstanding show for me, but I'm a milsurp guy. I bought 3 rifles within 30 minutes of being there, and spent like a drunken sailor the rest of the day too. I think every table was sold and had product, more guns than crap. I did see 2 dealers pull out around 4 p.m., so there may be a couple of empty tables tomorrow.

Not many tables, guess around 90 or so, but the place was steadily packed with folks all day, and seems like every other one had a rifle or pistol for sale too.