Clev. TN. show 2/14-2/15 09!

Guest slim

there was the guy in the middle who had 500 rds of .223 for $200.

I walked away with the 3 ammo can deal, and the g/f got a pair of tan BDU's in her size for $10.

I wont call it a great show, but it was a good one in my opinion. & I'll probably go to the next, just to check it out and see if I have enough money to pick up a couple of somthings.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Carter is his daddy-in-law, he had a good laugh on me. I relayed to him that folks here doubted he rented from Carter, he never let on. For all I know, the guy helping him could have been his pa-in-law.

Anyway, he said phone was the best way to reach him since he hasn't yet got retail hours. Card says 423-580-8139.

A bit slower pace there at the show today, but still a pretty good crowd. This was a fantastic show for its size. I'm a convert now, gotta admit I was wrong in my pessimism about it's chances. I'm looking forward to the next one this promoter does here.

I did hear from a vendor pal that the promoter maintains all the tables at Athens were paid for, a bunch of vendors just didn't show up. Hopefully he'll can them and sell tables to folks who'll use them at future shows.

I don't recall if he had any ammo, he had I'm guessing 20 or so Sig pistols, new US models, maybe some that were factory rebuilt, I don't know Sigs. I shot my P6/P225 for the first time last week, if all Sigs are like it, I may know them very well soon. He also had a dozen or so (?) revolvers, new, I'm thinking Taurus & Rossi, may have been some Smiths, and some semi-autos of another make aside from the Sigs. I'm a milsurp guy so all that stuff looks the same to me. I did see a CZ-82 for like $210 I think it was, pretty good retail price on it, and the price on the two P6 pistols wasn't bad considering the wholesalers keep going up on them.

Slim, even took another rifle in today and think I got them both home.

ah, funny note:

while I was at the gun show, the cops bagged a guy. apparently this guy tried to buy a pistol from a dealer, the background check comes back and says the guy is a "Wanted Felon" ?!! How stupid can you be!!! but at least he didnt get to buy a gun & he got taken away...(at least I think he did.)

Scott Methany?

Reason I ask is one of Carter's daughters is married to David Manning's son.I guess you all don't know of him but he was the best practical pistol shooter that S.E. Tennessee ever had. He also was co-owner of Guns Galore a gun shop on Brainerd Rd back in the mid 80s to mid 90s.

ah, funny note:

while I was at the gun show, the cops bagged a guy. apparently this guy tried to buy a pistol from a dealer, the background check comes back and says the guy is a "Wanted Felon" ?!! How stupid can you be!!! but at least he didnt get to buy a gun & he got taken away...(at least I think he did.)

Wish I had had a video cam. The LEOs didn't know anything other than to go to the fun show and grab the guy, they thought only one person would be doing background checks. One officer was about to croak when he found out it wasn't so, that every FFL did their own checks. I don't think there was more than 5 or 6 FFL dealers there, but it still took them a good 5 minutes or more to figure out who it was they were after. To make things worse, the perp's last name was Lemons, and there was a vendor (I was sitting with him a great deal of the time) with the last name Lemon. I thought the cops had given up but when I went to the can they had their guy in the corner by the header.