Should I call?

Guest Fenris

Tomorrow will be 1 month (1/20-2/20) since I was fingerprinted and applied for my HCP.

I've heard about the 30 day wait and call, but with the increase in applications, should I just wait another week or so?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the call,it cant hurt.

Umm, sure it can hurt.....they might say it ain't ready!!!:rolleyes:

J/K, give them a call. They seem to be pretty nice up there from what I remember and read on here.

I've been waiting since mid December. Just called. They said it should come in the next 14 days. We'll see.

Maybe mine is on the smae slow boat as yours ...

I turned mine in on 12/22 I have called 3 times and will call again on 2/22.

Maybe mine is on the smae slow boat as yours ...

I turned mine in on 12/22 I have called 3 times and will call again on 2/22.

I called today and was told that one BG check had come in but they are still waiting on another. How many BG checks are involved in the process? She said that I may see my permit in a week or so......

I've been waiting since mid December. Just called. They said it should come in the next 14 days. We'll see.

Got it !

Fingerprinted 2nd week of December . . called last week . . got it today:cool:

Guest Tn.Mitch
I'll hit the 30 day point on Monday. I'll call and see what they have to say. Cross your fingers.
punt in a good word in for me,while you have them on the phone,and be sooo lovey,dovey,,, :P
congrats be careful on your way to wal-mart

Done, and a few other places as well. No worries and never got a second look. I've had it on all day and my wife hasn't picked it out yet.

Right now I've just got the Winchester White Box 185 Gr. JHP in it. Still trying to decide what to get for EDC. I want to shoot a few different boxes but money is an issue now-a-days and I'm not going to carry a round that I've never fired.

I'm scanning people everywhere I go and hoping I can see someone else carrying soon. . . other than at the gun store!

Guest Battzglock

In December of 2007 I processed my renewal....just as I had done in times before since TN enacted the HCP law.

They took a new picture....fine....I paid my renewal fee. They called me back two weeks later saying the pic did not upload into their system and that I had to come back [Lavergne office]....fine, okay. I go back....take pic again.

Three weeks later I get a new drivers license with the new pic that was taken....what?....hello....I did not apply for a drivers license so I call. "We have no record of your application for renewal" I am told. I go back to the office in Lavergne with my yellow copy and a copy of my processed check.

I ask them to check their system for my renewal. I am told there was a problem with my picture and that the renewal application was stopped. So, I show them my copy and my cleared check and I show them my new drivers license with the new pic that was taken weeks and weeks ago and they just look at me.

I said, this is the third time I have been here and I have already made one call to the State.....my next trip will be to the State.

I had my renewed HCP in about a week.

??????.....does it have to be that hard?

Guest bkelm18
How many BG checks are involved in the process?

I think there are 3. Local Sheriff, FBI, and I think TBI. Don't quote me on that.