Went to the range to shoot my new gun today.

Eric

I bought myself a Beretta 21a Bobcat .22 cal the other day. I used to have the 950B I think, anyway it was a little .22 and I loved it. Like a goof ball I sold it.

I ran quite a few rounds through the new gun today to test it out. I was as happy as I remembered with the last gun except I look the wood grips on this on much better than the plastic ones i had on the other.

Results with a total of between 35-45 rounds in each of the targets from 15 feet. All shot using Remington Golden Bullets Bulk Pack from wally world.

3302108939_37eab548f1_o.jpg

Edited by Eric
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren’t you a professional photographer? :)

You should have some really cool range photos of muzzle blasts and bullets in mid air. willy_nilly.gif

If you aren’t… disregard that outburst and congrats on the new gun.

leaving.gif

;)

You are correct I should but it is hard to shoot and shoot at the same time. LOL

Guest Astra900
You are correct I should but it is hard to shoot and shoot at the same time. LOL

Oh what a crock, if you were really worth your salt, you'd be all Val Kilmer about it. I got two guns{well one gun and a camera)one for each of ya:(

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shooting :D

I have one of those too! Got it as part of a trade seeeeeeveral years ago. The finish is pretty worn, but I think it's fine otherwise.

Were you having issues with those Remingtons you shot the first time out? Last week I ran a few mags through mine for the first time in at least 10yrs with some cheap ammo (not cci) that was probably 12yrs old. Out of 4 mags, i had 3 rounds that i had to drop the hammer on twice to fire. The brass was dented pretty good after the first strike though. Not sure if I can blame that on the gun or not. No jams though..... Yeah. I have heard cci mini-mags and stingers are most reliable in these guns.

I dig the pics on your site, btw. I'm a big fan of all those nature shows and stuff :D

Yeah the cheap ammo was no good for me. Picky little fella. Now the CCI shot like a champ. I have shot 150 rounds of CCI through it without issue. I figure after a good 1000 rounds I will see if the cheaper stuff cycles. I shoot the Remington Golden through my AA .22 conversion for my glock. It would not run CCI so i sent it in for tooling. Well they are sending me a brand new barrel.

Thanks for the compliments on the site. I need to get back out shooting.

That's good info, Eric. Thanks! I am going to try my luck with those Remingtons sometime this week. Not sure how many rounds have been through my 21a, but will report back with any interesting results.

Cool deal on the new barrel. I have been meaning to look into a .22 conversion kit for my 26... Assuming they make them for the 26. Might even sell my Ruger MK II to get one.

• 1 month later...

Well, I traded this little gem in for another model 950 but in .25 cal.

I found one, a Beretta model 950 unfired in the box. I quickly traded in my model 21a for the model 950 in Nickel. I will post up some pics when I can folks and also a range report.

p.s. Why did i have to get back intp shooting as a hobby, it is expensive. Then again what hobby isn't!

Edited by Eric