Franklin, TN

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

I've been on here for a couple weeks and figured I'd pop in and post a hello. I'm a new handgun owner but not new to them (and I own several rifles and have been shooting on and off for 15 years). The wife finally let me get a pistol (thank's to Obama scaring the crap out of her). I just recently took my permit class and applied so now just have to wait.

I'm always looking for new places to shoot, shop, etc. so any recommendations are appreciated. I've been to Gun City, Joelton's ASP, Usleton's (super nice....super expensive), and the State owned outdoor range in Antioch. Tonight I'm checking out On Target in the Boro.

This is a great site and I'm learning a lot, and have a lot to learn.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The range is still there -- it didn't walk off!

The Owl Hollow Gun Club still exists but it doesn't have a lease on the range. The landowner has decided to run the range himself. The Owl Hollow Gun Club is looking for a new range but you can still use the old range under the landowners rules.

Guest JHatmaker

I shot a check off to Owl Hollow, thanks for the info guys!

On Target was pretty good (always love the electric ranges). I agree on their prices as well. Had several cool pieces but a little out of my range. I guess with demand up so high, most places can do that.

I was really impressed with Uselton's out here in Franklin as well, beautiful 1911's, nice range, but very much out of my grasp. I'd love to be able to shoot there so close to my house and all, but the fact that after I pay them $200-$400 up front for a membership, and still have to pay each time I visit, AND only get 1 hour on a range, doesn't really make much sense to me...

Thanks again guys for the welcome's and info, great forum.

I was really impressed with Uselton's out here in Franklin as well, beautiful 1911's, nice range, but very much out of my grasp. I'd love to be able to shoot there so close to my house and all, but the fact that after I pay them $200-$400 up front for a membership, and still have to pay each time I visit, AND only get 1 hour on a range, doesn't really make much sense to me...

I'm in the same boat as for cost..... You should search this forum for the name "Uselton's." Let us know what you find.

Welcome to the site!!

Guest JHatmaker

Wow....I read several threads, and my assumptions were true. Thanks for the heads up.

While I was in there Rick was showing off a new hunting rifle that was coming out later this year. He actually put a round in the chamber to show off the action (not an empty shell). I assume it was a dummy but saw a bag sitting there full of what looked like live rounds. I was thinking....that's not supposed to happen. He was pretty nice to me, the older woman though (I assume his wife) seemed somewhat friendly when I was checking out a couple pistols.

When I was inguiring about a range member and commented on the unusual pricing, she was less than enthused and pretty much acted like "too bad, if you don't like it, leave".

A younger lady working there was very personable, as well as a teenager who set me up on the range. But I'm sure they are just working and don't have ties to Rick, unless that one girl was his daughter. Anyway.....

So, I'm not surprised to read all of the negative comments.

Edited by JHatmaker