Went to Guns an leather yesterday...

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

Shot all 5 of these for the first time 4,1911s 45acp,1 TAURUS pt 92 9 MM,ALL 5 INCHERS BUT THE COLT COMMANDER,,IS 4 1/4,SHOT 500 ROUNDS....TOOK FOR EVER,and added a new member a Colt Gold cup

Trophy,blue with black grips with silver Colt medalions.All shot well...wore me out...lolHPIM0653.jpg

Edited by Tn.Mitch
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingtone

Ha. I was at Guns and Leather too yesterday. I shot my Ruger SP 101 for the first time.

I really enjoyed the range, will definitely be going back there again soon.

Waited 20 minutes to be served at the front counter afterwards trying to buy a $12 Uncle mikes holster... i gave up.

I was in line behind you at the gunsmith's counter ... again - nice collection!

I was mighty tempted to take advantage of G&L's 90 day layaway program for a new toy, myself, while I was there ... had an attack of good sense & resisted the urge ... maybe next time.

Guest hickok

On the subject of Guns & Leather, I might relate a positive experience there. I think it was last spring. I called from work to ask if they had any used G30's in stock. The clerk told me they had three! Wow, I was glad to hear that.

I went by on the way home from work and discovered that they actually had no used G30's, just a new one or two. I didn't make a big deal out of it; anybody can make a mistake, and it gave me an excuse to go by there anyway.

Dennis Williams felt bad about somebody telling me that and sold me a brand new G30 for used price, or his cost, whichever it was. I didn't expect it, but neither did I turn down the offer.

Good folks there, as well as an A+ gunsmith in Jeff Walle. He can shoot,too, in case you didn't know. I used to compete with him, but I don't think I ever scored ahead of him more than maybe once, and his gun probably broke on him then. :-)

Guest Tn.Mitch
On the subject of Guns & Leather, I might relate a positive experience there. I think it was last spring. I called from work to ask if they had any used G30's in stock. The clerk told me they had three! Wow, I was glad to hear that.

I went by on the way home from work and discovered that they actually had no used G30's, just a new one or two. I didn't make a big deal out of it; anybody can make a mistake, and it gave me an excuse to go by there anyway.

Dennis Williams felt bad about somebody telling me that and sold me a brand new G30 for used price, or his cost, whichever it was. I didn't expect it, but neither did I turn down the offer.

Good folks there, as well as an A+ gunsmith in Jeff Walle. He can shoot,too, in case you didn't know. I used to compete with him, but I don't think I ever scored ahead of him more than maybe once, and his gun probably broke on him then. :-)

Yes its a great place, I still have 2 passes for the range for buying new guns...lol I allways stop in and chat With Jeff Walle for awhile fefore shooting,I showed him my growing colection of 1911s,and while he looked at the them, he was nice enough to oil all them before I went inside to shoot them for the first time,hes a REALLY Nice guy.That place G&L inside the store is allways packed,no matter what time of day or night,so bring your lunch.... :cool:

Guest Tn.Mitch
Dang Mitch, nice collection. We are neighbors, so iffin ya need help carrying your luggage to G&L, just let me know.

I could have used your help for sure,took 7 guns in,800 rounds of ammo, was pretty heavy...we will have to go shootimg some time,after I use these other free range pases,I want to find the range in Gallitain,The guy Tim, That works at Accademy by Sams,told me theres one up there on Highway 109,or right off it,closer than Greenbrair...,for a change,I also go to Joltons range too.Its where I took my HCP class.