Kingsport Gun Show

Jeb48

Went to the Kingsport gun show this morning with a friend. Been nearly 2 years since I have been to a gun show with the world shutting down and all. Didn't need anything or really want anything, just wanted to walk around a bunch of guns and gun people. I succeeded with my meager goals and had a good time and spent a grand total of $2 for a couple of 50 Cal shell cases. I make a shell extract for moon clips out of them and the one I have is never where I want it so thought I should make at least one more. 

Was a little disappointed that it seemed about half the size that it was last time I went and still had plenty of empty tables. No real bargains, I did handle the new Ruger Max 9 and decided it really didn't fell right in my hand. Actually found two, one $100 over list price and one that was $50 under. Wasn't shopping for ammo but wanted check prices, .22 was going for about 10 cents around for bulk stuff and 20 cents a round for better CCI stuff, glad I have plenty of both, 9mm was mostly around 60 cents but did see a couple of boxes at about 50 cents for plinking grade.

Did my usual thing of printing out a few extra $2 off admission coupons and hand them out around me in line and got a few smiles and thank you's. Stopped and got some good BBQ at a food truck on the way home. Good way to spend a cloudy rainy Saturday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I take it your revolver uses moon clips. Really very simple just take a .50 caliber shell casing grind or file about half the circumference down about 1/8th of an inch. Slide it over the shell in the moon clip and twist, it leverages the casing out and it falls into the .50 shell, repeat till the .50 is full or you run out of empty casings to remove. If that doesn't make sense I'll take a picture. Simple to make, if you have a grinder  less than a minute.

• Like 1