Checking Status of Carry Permit?

Guest DrDynamite

Guys...i have had several people that I am close to get their permit lately.....

Call the number @ 25-30 days....

BE NICE!!!!!!

Tell them that you would like to check the status of your Handgun Carry Permit....remember the persons name that answers the phone!!!!!!!!

You will get your permit in 7-14 days if everything is complete...if not....and IF you are nice...they will tell you what you need to do to get it fixed....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck has nothing to do with it, its the LAW...

There is no penalty listed in the statute for not issuing in 90 days.

Any number of folks have NOT received their permits within that period.

Maybe you should run over there and start making some citizen arrests?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest bkelm18
Luck has nothing to do with it, its the LAW.

:rolleyes::lol: That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest m&p40
There is no penalty listed in the statute for not issuing in 90 days.

Any number of folks have NOT received their permits within that period.

Maybe you should run over there and start making some citizen arrests?

- OS

Who said anything about a penalty? Maybe you need to stop drinking and playing on the internet. :P

Who said anything about a penalty? Maybe you need to stop drinking and playing on the internet. :P

Thanks for the advice. Between that and the poison PM you sent me, I'm sure I can now turn my life around for the betterment of all mankind.

- OS

Guest bkelm18
Thanks for the advice. Between that and the poison PM you sent me, I'm sure I can now turn my life around for the betterment of all mankind.

- OS

Awww, be nice to the newbies. They know everything, remember? :P At least I did when I was one.

Guest wijodo
You do understand you have to call to get it quicker, right?

- OS

Yeah, I called them a few weeks ago, hasn't made an impact yet, we'll see what happens!

Got mine in 42 days without calling. Just got tied up in moving to a new house, unpacking, etc. Went to my old house to check the mail a few days ago and there it was. Not sure how long it had been in the mailbox...

Does anyone know the number to call and check the status of a carry permit and possibly get it pushed up? I am sitting at about 45 days.
Got mine in 42 days without calling. Just got tied up in moving to a new house, unpacking, etc. Went to my old house to check the mail a few days ago and there it was. Not sure how long it had been in the mailbox...

Wait, so you're saying your brand new HCP doesn't have your current legal address on it? If I read that right you need to get that looked into soon.

Wait, so you're saying your brand new HCP doesn't have your current legal address on it? If I read that right you need to get that looked into soon.

You do have to notify DOS of address change within a certain time period. But you don't have to have your permit reissued unless you want to.

- OS

You just have to go to tennesseeanytime.org and change your address. If you pay $5, they'll reissue you the permit. If not, then the address is changed only in their computer system, which meets the legal requirement. Tennessee's website will also change your driver's license as well.

They are apparantly short handed. Was told today they are processing May's applications.

They said that a year ago.

I assure you the temps they claim to have hired back then did NOT help.

But there's no doubt that with a call around 30 days or so, most folks are getting their permits MUCH faster than a year ago.

- OS

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I was printed on 6/11, made the call on 7/9, received my permit today.

Following the advice I found here of a)have DL # ready, and b)be nice, worked for me.

Guest GimpyLeg

Printed on 6/9. Called again today. Was told the card print method was SLOW... The young lady, who by the way called me back since she didn't see record of my prints, told me that she sees most of the prints from Lincoln county done by card and asked me why. I didn't get the word about electronic printing until after the fact. I know it's in the paperwork, but it just did ring a bell at the time. anyway, she said to call back in a week or two.

I must say the whenever I have called these young ladies are very kind and friendly. I must commend them. I read somewhere that they will be processing ~100,000 applicants this year. That is alot of processing!

Guest dmcsas

Submitted mine June 16th. Called today July 23rd. Was issued July 21st. Should ship 10-14 days or sooner...

Been checking this site out for the past month or so and joined today.