• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

As long as you know who made them, and they do good work, you'll be fine as far as reloads go. Most reloaders only shoot their stuff. I'm about to start getting into reloading with a buddy of mine b/c we go through ammo so fast, and need a more economical approach. If you shoot a lot, you might want to consider learning how to do it. I hear after a couple months you pretty much pay for all the equipment in savings vs buying new.

Have been seriously thinking about it, even pricing equipment, but waiting on warmer weather to clean the garage out also a few other priorities like a safe first, but as hard as it is becoming to find ammo I think it just got a bit higher on priorities list, Thanks for the replies.

Guest abailey362

check your local wally world. blazer brass at 12.4x / 50 is the cheapest you'll find factory loaded brass and it shoots pretty well. 40 seems to be the only caliber any of the walmarts here have in stock, maybe you'll have the same luck

RangeUSA sells reloads for about .20/round if you buy in bulk (500 rounds is about $100). Like any ammo, you have to keep an eye out for bad rounds, but despite a few weird finds I've still had better experience with the reloads at RUSA than the new UMC stuff you can get at Bass Pro...

Guest pl1ght
check your local wally world. blazer brass at 12.4x / 50 is the cheapest you'll find factory loaded brass and it shoots pretty well. 40 seems to be the only caliber any of the walmarts here have in stock, maybe you'll have the same luck

I havent been able to find that stuff in stock in nashville area at any walmart lately ;)

I havent been able to find that stuff in stock in nashville area at any walmart lately ;)

The Walmart in Franklin got a shipment in over the weekend and they had .40 Blazer Brass. The only down side is that they are only allowing one box per customer. Guy I talked to yesterday said that they were getting ammo in a little more regularly so they were hoping to lift that one box rule pretty soon.

I hear after a couple months you pretty much pay for all the equipment in savings vs buying new.

We have all heard that and it has been discussed here in several threads. The popular opinion is that it will not be any cheaper, but some say they do it to have custom loads and some others think they can load better ammo than factory.

I really wanted to do it if I could save some money and load my own rounds. But math kept getting in the way. :)

I couldn’t buy the ammunition components for what I pay for loaded ammo.

I don't think you can buy .40 any cheaper than WWB at Wal-Mart.