Has anybody here put a 14” barrel on a shotgun and registered it as a short barrel shotgun? I just had a question about if you have to put in your paperwork to the ATF , the exact measurements it will be. A dealer told me that he thought that I would.

Also the shotgun I was going to use , I bought from a member here. Would it have to originally be registered in my name or no?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to put the lingth in the appropriate box.

If you're from TN and never purchase a gun while living in a different state or don't own NFA, than none of your guns are registered. You would have had take extra steps to make that happen. You used to be able to register guns at the courthouse years ago. 

Doesn't have to be registered to you. After you SBS it, it will be. You may however put it back to its original configuration and have it removed from the registry if you so desire 

Edited by Alleycat72
5 minutes ago, jeff43 said:

What  if you want to shorten the stock or put like a mag pul Adjustable stock on it after it is registered?

If it's a "temporary" change and you can put it back to the original form 1 condition than you don't have to do anything. If it's permanent, then you can send a letter to the ATF with the updated configuration.  The OAL will be with the stock fully extended. 

55 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

If it's a "temporary" change and you can put it back to the original form 1 condition than you don't have to do anything. If it's permanent, then you can send a letter to the ATF with the updated configuration.  The OAL will be with the stock fully extended. 

Ok, thanks for the information.

55 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said: