And now, we wait!

Guest LieutenantDan67

Guest LieutenantDan67

LOL..my wife (lylahk here at the boards) and I get printed tomorrow...paperwork is all done today. ;)

Now for the wait. Given the volume of students at any given CCW permit class, I'm thinking the 60-90 day wait is pretty solid, eh?

It's a process, but it'll be worth it!

I will carry my Glock 19, and she'll carry her S&W M&P 9C, once we get the cards in the mail, that is.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife took the class and was printed the next day. That was Feb. 27th. She called this week and they told her it should be here in another 14 days. If that is the case it will have been about 6 weeks. So maybe your wait will be a short one. Congrats on getting your HCP.

Guest Rem_700

You guys got me tore up now!!!I called last fri at 14 days and was told to call back this friday,in the morning, at 21 days.She said 2 of my BC were back and waiting on the last one.She said it should be here by,this friday,and she said to call back!!I was fingered on 3-6-09,thats just 2 days after DulleyNewt!!Maybe mine got mailed out one day this week already!!YIPPIE!!Im not gonna sleep tonight!!

Guest LieutenantDan67

Encouraging news so far for the most part of turnaround time, thanks all.

When you call, who are you calling? The licensing dept you applied and paid at? And what info do they need from you when you call to check?

• 1 month later...
Guest LieutenantDan67

Applied 3/26, printed 3/27.

Made first call mid-April, no luck, no surprise.

Called today, one of three checks are in. Waiting on TBI and FBI checks...sooo, forward progress! She said check back in two weeks.

Both gals I have spoken too have been very nice. You'd think they'd be so tired of people calling and checking...:eek:

Got printed on 3/24. I called 5/1, they said paperwork was done and 7-14 days for the envelope to arrive. Permit arrived today 5/7. It seems turnaround is right around 30 days from prints submitted.

The call at around 4 weeks seems to bring your paperwork to the top for completion.

Guest smithandwesson
I was told because of all the people taking the class some are taking as long as 6 months?

They HAVE to issue within 90 days whether mthey have done the background check or not. That is the LAW!

Guest high-octane

I got printed on april 16. Called yesterday(8th) and she said they were still doing the checks. Guess ill call back next week. Im getting anxious. If it takes much longer i may get to do the wally walk AND go out to eat. :rolleyes: