Looking for project Seadoo/Waverunner

Kind of a strange want ad for here, but we have a diverse group so thought why not throw it out there as people have all kinds of things laying around taking up space.  I am looking for a project for the remainder of the winter and spring and think it would be fun to refurbish an old Seadoo or Waverunner.  I have a brand new one, but this would be something just for fun since I like them with the side bonus I would have a cheap extra for a buddy to tag along with once complete.   

I am looking for very cheap (like $1000 or less or maybe trade a gun of some sort for the right ski) as this is just a for fun project which it is going to cost me money most likely anyway and what I am looking for isn't really worth a lot to start with.  Free is even better if you just want it out of the way.  I preferably don't want to be rebuilding complete engines, etc, but also don't expect any will not need some troublesooting and something maybe like a starter, or a bit more.  As with these things, cheap is key because at the end of the day you never really know what you are going to get into.  Exterior condition doens't have to be perfect, but not looking for complete crap either.  I expect to have to recover seats, etc.

A trailer is not required.

Looking for something like a 1998-early 2000's Seadoo GTX, GTI, RXP, XP or Waverunner 1200 (or something similar).   Even newer is ok, but gets harder to keep the cost down moving up much and I know the earlier SeaDoo's a bit which is why they are top on my list.

Anyway, if someone has something laying around they just want out of the way, let me know.  

Thanks.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~