• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kingfish

Lakes are not federal property. The issue is where the lake is located. State parks, Army Corps of Engineers lands, TWRA lands, LBL lands, and all other "parks" are off limits. If the lake is on private land or not controlled by any of the above, you are fine, but good luck finding such in Tennessee.

The rules are likely very similar to those for carrying in a vehicle. I cannot find any code which prohibits carry on a watercraft... It's not illegal to hunt waterfowl from a boat, so firearms in general are allowed, for sure.

Mud, sometimes it is better to keep peace and harmony within the family. But depending on the lay of your 5 acres you should be able to make some comprimise.

Who actually owns the property? And why are your in-laws so against you shooting?

It's my in-laws land. My mother-in-law doesn't like the noise and thinks of coarse they are dangerous. We are living in their old home on the front of the property. Our house in Murfreesboro sold to fast and we didn't have a choice. But it is rent free. We are looking for land but have to get the wifes new business full steam first.

You're kidding me, right???

My kids LOVE the bounce barn. I've been in there once with them, but the wife usually takes them about once a month.

I'd be willing to bet that when winter comes around, you'll be busier than ever.

I shoot on my property. I'm just outside of Cowan and I've got just under 5 acres with my in-laws owning around 30 beside me. I'm going to rent a dozer and build me a real good backstop pretty soon.

And I can't wait... Since Donnie is just down the road from me. And I don't think Cowan's Finest would not appreciate me sighting in my rifles form the back porch in the middle of town. That and it might run off all the business from my wifes restaurant (Shameless plug - Sernicola's in Cowan.)

Hey I see that you are from Tullahoma. My wife just opened a business in Tullahoma and we have temperarly moved to Estill Springs. So I would be on Tim's Ford most of the time.

If you are out on the water and see this thing blow by you, make sure to wave :)

Tennessee7-19-04052.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

(we call her the "Banana Hammock" :rolleyes:)

Sweet looking boat. Is that Winchester park you put in at? I only live a couple miles from that. We bought our first boat this year to make sure we would like it before I bought a new one. Lookin at a new one next spring. What are you running engine wise in that thing?

I just moved to this area a few months ago. I've been meaning to go by his shop. Just been cazy with all thats going on around me. Where is south College street. I bank at the Suntrust so from there where is it.

Suntrust on the Blvd?

You need to continue down Dianah Shore Blvd towards the downtown square.

Continue around the square making 3 left turns, and then take a right onto College St.

We are 1 mile down on the left.

**DS Blvd. is also 41A, so if you follow the signs for 41A once you hit the square, you should be fine.

***College St/41A is also the road you take to get to Cowan and Sewanee