please stop it

A friend of mine went to a Walmart here Saturday and asked them when the last time they saw a box of 9mm.

They responded with this morning, 17 boxes. Believe was Blazers.

What they said is happening every day ispeople are calling at 7am when they put the stock out and putting the entire stock on hold and then coming in and buying it out.

Needless to say, he is now a 6:59am caller.

Stupid. I went out this am and shot up some of my "stash". What's the point of having it if you don't shoot some of it? Did keep my brass though. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

I have a small amount (3-4 boxes) for each gun that I like to keep on hand just in case. I have a few guns that I keep some military surplus on hand for because I won't ever find it cheaper again. For my other guns, anything I'm buying, I'm buying to shoot. So it gets frustrating when you can't find enough to be able to take a gun to the range, and you can't reload because everyone snapped up all the primers and are selling them for $100 a box on gunbroker. Its particularly frustrating because in a few more months the stock will start hitting the shelves again, so all these people that are getting in a panic and taking the plinking ammo could have just waited and bought it when it got back in stock.

Bought me the last 2 sets of .22LR for my future .22 which will be P22 when I get my hands on one....

You'll like the P22. Fungun. Likes CCI. I had a bad mag with mine. Wouldn't feed. Bought a couple of extras andstretched the spring a bit on the "bad" one. Now it's just bang bang.

Guest TargetShooter84
You'll like the P22. Fungun. Likes CCI. I had a bad mag with mine. Wouldn't feed. Bought a couple of extras andstretched the spring a bit on the "bad" one. Now it's just bang bang.

Thats what I'm hearing too...just now gotta find a person that is willing to part out with it or an reputable shop that sells them....I refuse to go to a certain gun shop in my area due to bad experiences but others, I'm willing to consider.

I had a relapse this morning. Went to the dump and to the bank. as I was ready to make a left turn out of the bank lot all of the sudden I made a right turn and went to Walmart.

Not much there, no ammo delivery today. Ended up buying the last two boxes of CCI mini mags and two boxes of Blazer .40S&W.

I do not own a gun that shoots .40 S&W

Guest jos2f

You're lucky your Wal-mart has .40. All the ones around me in Middle TN I've been to are plum out of handgun ammo, save for the 50 and 100 packs of .22

Guest Bluemax
Thats what I'm hearing too...just now gotta find a person that is willing to part out with it or an reputable shop that sells them....I refuse to go to a certain gun shop in my area due to bad experiences but others, I'm willing to consider.

I live/work in the Knoxville area and I bet I know which shop you are referring to. Humour me and give me a hint as to what part of town it's in ?

I decided I am going to buy what they sell, even if I don't have a gun for it.

I have 9mm, .380 and now .40 on hand. No gun for any of it, LOL.

Maybe I can run it through someone elses gun when we have a shoot, or I can always hold it, Not like it will spoil like old milk.

(Off topic I went back to John Sevier this afternoon. Almost deserted. Was fairly pleasant to shoot there today. Thinking about an annual pass)

.22 bolt rifle and a few clips through the M1. I think I want to sell the Thumper.

Seems the bolt rifle likes the cheapo ammo best. At 50 yards I was getting real good groups with lead nose Federal ammo. The match and target ammo I had was terrible through it. At 100 yards the supposed good ammo dropped 6 inches, the Federal only a couple, And the groups stayed good with the Federal.

Guest TargetShooter84
I live/work in the Knoxville area and I bet I know which shop you are referring to. Humour me and give me a hint as to what part of town it's in ?

PM Sent

Guest SUNTZU
.22 bolt rifle and a few clips through the M1. I think I want to sell the Thumper.

I'm thinking about selling mine as well. I should be able to get $8000.00 dollars for it in this market. I'll sell the sling for another $400.00. The ammo is $7.50 a round. :wave:

Guest 70below
I had a relapse this morning. Went to the dump and to the bank. as I was ready to make a left turn out of the bank lot all of the sudden I made a right turn and went to Walmart.

Not much there, no ammo delivery today. Ended up buying the last two boxes of CCI mini mags and two boxes of Blazer .40S&W.

I do not own a gun that shoots .40 S&W

Looks like someone needs to join a support group :wave:

I'll trade you greek '06 for your 9mm, .380, and .40 ammo for $7.50 a box if you give me the brass back when you're done.

TJ we can work something out on the pistol ammo I have in trade for the greek '06.

I am trying to figure out what 80 rounds of .380 is worth ( in reality, not rip some one off fantasy). I do not recall what I paid for it. The 9mm (100 rds)was about 21 bucks OTD and the .40 was about 13.75 each OTD.

I set aside that .22 lr for you too.

Oh yeah, I have some '06 brass, about 40 of them I can throw in on it as well as return the newly used brass back to you. I only shot 32 rounds yesterday but I know I picked up more brass than that. must have been a leftover or two from Sunday.

Guest TargetShooter84

Bought 1000 rounds of .22LR at 6.50 a box....

Talk to the WM I went to about limiting and they said they'd look into it...