Ammo shortages - I mean really...

Guest SigVol

Guest SigVol

All bovine scatology aside, what are the facts about supply recovery timeline?

Not interested in rumors or speculations - if anyone has facts please share them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

All I can contribute is off Winchesters site:

Winchester Ammunition

4/7/2009

Winchester Ammunition, like other ammunition manufacturers, has seen the demand for our products increase significantly since last fall. To meet that increased demand, our operations are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team is literally working around the clock to make quality ammunition available for purchase. We remain absolutely committed to meeting the growing needs of our customers.

24/7 ammo making surely has to meet demand soon

EveryTown, USA - -(AmmoLand.com)- In just 3 months Americans bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian army’s combined.

You also bought 1,529,635,000 rounds of ammunition in just the month of December 2008. Yeah that is right, that is Billion with a “Bâ€.

This is an evaluation of overall firearms and ammunition purchases based on low end numbers per Federal NIC instacheck data base Statistics. The numbers presented are only PART of the overall numbers of arms and ammunition that have been sold. The actual numbers are much higher.

1.5 billion rounds sold in December alone...

Guest jos2f
1.5 billion rounds sold in December alone...

That is only 5 bullets per person in the United States. How the crap are we going to fight off Zombies with such a small amount of ammo :tough:

I sincerely doubt that the ammo shortage is BS.

Most factories, during normal times, are staffed and tooled to operate at around 80% of max production. When demand for ammo goes up 100%, there is absolutely NO WAY they can handle it Purchasing of additional equipment to produce more ammo for a limited time would be foolish on their part with the cost of equipment being between 10 and 15 million per.

The shortaqe is real.

Most factories, during normal times, are staffed and tooled to operate at around 80% of max production. When demand for ammo goes up 100%, there is absolutely NO WAY they can handle it Purchasing of additional equipment to produce more ammo for a limited time would be foolish on their part with the cost of equipment being between 10 and 15 million per.

The shortaqe is real.

The shortaqe is real.

How many people like us do you know who don't have at least 10 times as much ammo today than they had last year?;)

Yep I have the actual lowdown on why ammo is so hard to get right now. Let me assure you it will make your jaw drop, all information is totally verified through independent sources.

And I am not going to tell one darn bit of it until I see that picture.

Guest jos2f
Yep I have the actual lowdown on why ammo is so hard to get right now. Let me assure you it will make your jaw drop, all information is totally verified through independent sources.

And I am not going to tell one darn bit of it until I see that picture.

For the sake of knowledge, someone post that picture!

I did a google image search of "TN Vol chick" I think it was, found some pretty interesting stuff, but not that chick

Guest smithandwesson
All I can contribute is off Winchesters site:

Winchester Ammunition

4/7/2009

Winchester Ammunition, like other ammunition manufacturers, has seen the demand for our products increase significantly since last fall. To meet that increased demand, our operations are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team is literally working around the clock to make quality ammunition available for purchase. We remain absolutely committed to meeting the growing needs of our customers.

24/7 ammo making surely has to meet demand soon

Do you think quality will suffer since they are in such a hurry?

3 yeaes ago I purchased ammo 5 boxes at a time now, I try to get atleast 2 cases 1 fmj and 1 jhp. for every calibur. I got a case of .380 last week and I dont own a .380. I have 2 on order but,I also ordered 2 more cases of ammo 1 fmj and 1 jhp.

Except Walmart,I buy all the fmj they have.

Guest smithandwesson
3 yeaes ago I purchased ammo 5 boxes at a time now, I try to get atleast 2 cases 1 fmj and 1 jhp. for every calibur. I got a case of .380 last week and I dont own a .380. I have 2 on order but,I also ordered 2 more cases of ammo 1 fmj and 1 jhp.

Except Walmart,I buy all the fmj they have.

Why?

Why would you buy ammo for a gun you dont even have instead of leaving it for somebody who can use it?:wave: A$$holes like this are the reason we cant find any to practice with. Tell us all what you are going to do with it. PRICE GOUGE!!!:mad:;):wall::P

Guest jos2f

Heck at this point I'd be inclined to buy any pistol ammo I see regardless of if I have that caliber now or not (assuming it's a caliber I see myself owning one day). Since ammo is hard to find and guns are not, I'd rather have the ammo in the event I buy a gun rather than have a new gun with no ammo.

Heck at this point I'd be inclined to buy any pistol ammo I see regardless of if I have that caliber now or not (assuming it's a caliber I see myself owning one day). Since ammo is hard to find and guns are not, I'd rather have the ammo in the event I buy a gun rather than have a new gun with no ammo.

Why on earth would you offer a logical reason when you could knee-jerk react emotionally and call people names instead?