My New Stainless Kimber

So after a bunch of research on the 1911's I've finally come up with the final answer. This was my first GunBroker deal and was easier than expected.

I found many people questioning the reliablity and quality of recent Kimber's, well this one seems to have proven itself after 10yrs old and 8k down the pipe. Along with the deal were 3 mags, bore snake, new wolf spring(16lbs). No oem handgrips, no box or papers, but a clean serial numbe.

What kind of a deal was this, for $680.01$

Opinions are welcome......hit me!!!

nxq0jn.jpg

15ox85s.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm a shootin' whore then! I know my S&W Mod 64 has over 8k through it, my 19-3 is gettin' close to 5k, the 19-5 (wife's gun) has about 2k now.

I reload for all my centerfire pistols (I only had 5 of the, now 4) and have been through over 25,000 primers since I started reloading about 4 years ago. I shot a LOT more 2 years ago and have slowed down especially the last 6 months.

Sorry, back on topic... Good lookin' gun! I think you paid a fair price for a solid gun. Just enjoy it! :drool:

So if I am thinking correctly this would be the original Stainless?

I think that these come without the firing pin block safety therefore are supposed to have a sweeter trigger pull (less things for the trigger pull to do.)

I have the Stainless II (with the firing pin block safety) and really like the trigger on it, so could imagine what this one must feel like.

According to my 1911 care manual from Bill Wilson, 1911's are supposed to be able to easily go 100k or more that with just simple maintenance/changing springs etc. Of course with today's ammo prices I can't imagine ever being able to get close to a number like that.

Congratulations on the gun. At 8 k, I am sure it is just getting broken in.