SIG P229 SAS

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Hey guys, I was flipping through the latest version of Guns and Ammo (or it could have been American Handgunner...) anyway, there was an ad for a new SIG, the P229 SAS with the short trigger reset feature. Has anyone had experience with one of these? Just curious on if anyone has handled one of these, and if they were pleased with the function.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned one of the DAK versions. It took some time to learn the trigger but I grew to prefer the DAK trigger. The new 229 SAS Gen. 2 comes with the SRT trigger. SRT, in my opinion, makes a difference over the stock double action/single action trigger due to it's shorter reset. The 229 is a great gun and the SAS package just adds to the package.

I have the newer 229 SAS Gen 2 in 40 cal. Love it. SRT is really nice. Have had several of my friends shoot with it and they had nothing but praise for it. Have had no issues with it at all. Keep in mind this is not a light weight weapon. I carry it with a MTAC holster and it is extremely comforatable.

If you want to see it, drop me a PM and maybe we can hook up as I also live in the Franklin area. :up:

Guest JHatmaker
What does the SAS stand for? I have seen this twice today and it reminds me of the Special Air Services from down under.:)

Sweet A$$ Shooter, I think...:wave:

Guest Rupertus

Speaking of trigger resets. I've got a Sig 220 SAO that drives me crazy with a long reset. Anybody know if you can shorten the reset?