So, I guess I will be in trouble...LOL

Guest canynracer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
LMFAO...ummm yeah no thanks!!!

Hey, I just figure if the sheriffs and chiefs of police can play political games and use the news media for their own personal gains, so can everyone else. :D;)

A mean, all's fair... right? :D

And yeah... what happened with the call? Have they GPS'd your house yet? :D

Guest canynracer

I told his admin I had a meeting @ work from 5-630...I got a call from a number that I didnt know, When I tried to call it back, it was not set up to take incoming calls...they called twice while I was in my meeting, but didnt leave a VM...dunno know if it was him or not...

we will see if he calls today I guess.

Guest canynracer
Hey, I just figure if the sheriffs and chiefs of police can play political games and use the news media for their own personal gains, so can everyone else. :D;)

A mean, all's fair... right? :devil:

valid points...you may be on to something here...LOL
And yeah... what happened with the call? Have they GPS'd your house yet? :chill:
I did notice when I google map my house, I can get much much closer and the pic is updated :drool::shake::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

:lol:

Guest canynracer
"Our constitution, however, has always allowed for certain restrictions on individual rights when the public good is better served by them. In my opinion this is an issue where the public good is better served by the restriction."

Ask him to show you WHERE the constitution allows restriction on RTKBA.

I seem to remember the phrase "Shall not be infringed"

I can answer that one...Our TN constitution states:

"Section 26. That the citizens of this state have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime."

Unfortunatley, "shall not be infringed" is not in OUR Constitution....

I can answer that one...Our TN constitution states:

"Section 26. That the citizens of this state have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime."

Unfortunatley, "shall not be infringed" is not in OUR Constitution....

But since the FEDERAL Constitution says our rights shall not be infringed, it seems like that part of the TN Constitution is unconstitutional.... If that's not the case then why can't we in TN write in our Constitution that you don't have freedom of speech, the police can search without permission or a warrant, or that they can force you to talk...among other things.

Matthew

But since the FEDERAL Constitution says our rights shall not be infringed, it seems like that part of the TN Constitution is unconstitutional.... If that's not the case then why can't we in TN write in our Constitution that you don't have freedom of speech, the police can search without permission or a warrant, or that they can force you to talk...among other things.

Matthew

Because rightly or wrongly, the Supreme Court never has, under the selective incorporation doctrine, incorporated the Second Amendment against the states. SCOTUS has incorporated the First, the Fourth, the Fifth....

Guest canynracer

He called yesterday while I was at work, the wife said he was very pleasant, and that he would call me today. we will see...I am kinda looking forward to it.

Guest jg45

I have exchanged several emails with him and he had been very polite. I still don't know why he thinks the people of TN are less responsible than the people of MS, TX, GA, or any other states where restaurant carry is legal.