Marswolf from the Tri-Cities

Hi folks. Just learned about this forum yesterday over on Packing.org forums.

My normal home is over on http://www.hk94.com/hk/forum.html where I'm a moderator.

I've already left a post over there in the Tennessee forum telling them about this place.

We need a good Tennessee forum that has a database of places that ban carry and the other planned databases. Hope this is it. It just has to be kept up to date. Don't know how you plan to do it, but most databases fail because they aren't updated frequently. After a while, folks stop checking and go to other boards instead.

I actually live at Blountville.

I've carried guns officially for about 30 years, mostly open but sometimes concealed.

I'm a big fan of H&Ks (USP & P7M8), Beretta 92s and Kel-Tec P-3ATs. Tried Glocks for a while. I don't care for them. Just letting you know. :D

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Glad to have you here with us!

The way we hope to do the databases is fairly simple, really, and I hope it will allow the data to remain current.

1. Anyone may add an entry but the entry will be flagged as unverified.
  2. A moderator will verify the entry and then flag it as verified.
  3. Moderators will be able to edit or remove data as necessary.
  4. Data will be searchable by city, county and location name.

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest Archimedes

Yeah, Archi got snubbed, but I don't think there could have been a better choice for mod than Mars. Glock's not bad either no matter what they say about him. :up:

Congrats, guys.

~Archi

Well thank you guys - I think. :D

Mars - god of War. Wolf - I like hunching like a dog. :up:

No, really just my first password on Compu$erve. I had to make up something.... Comes from two things I like, wolves and Civil War history. OK...you get the wolf part - right? Mars, as in "Marse Robert" (E. Lee). Actually a nickname given to me by a friend.

Guest jackdog

Two fine choices for the position of moderator. Mars I should of known you were into wolves too. Glocking tn as his name implies is a glock fan. Hey this just gets better everyday. Best of luck to you both.

Jackdog

Heros, the only heros I know lost thier lives in battle, the rest of us owe it to them to excel with our lives. Jackdog

Heros, the only heros I know lost thier lives in battle, the rest of us owe it to them to excel with our lives. Jackdog

Jackdog, I agree with you about 90% in this hero thing. I'd say that heroism involves purposely putting yourself at risk of death to protect others. You don't have to die to be a hero, but there has to be a pretty good chance of that happening during your actions. And I'd include places and situations that are not combat. There are quite a few fireman heroes.

But the term is grossly misused and degraded by mindless overuse. There are no "sports heroes". Nothing heroic about playing baseball or basketball. Nothing! They are just entertainers and maybe sometimes a role model but not heroes. Putting your life at risk competing in something like an auto race is not somehow heroic. You are doing the race for yourself, not to save others.

Going that extra step by putting your life in significant risk of death to save someone else makes you a hero.

I have a pretty good idea of what makes someone a hero and absolutely despise seeing the term misused.

Guest db99wj
Jackdog, I agree with you about 90% in this hero thing. I'd say that heroism involves purposely putting yourself at risk of death to protect others. You don't have to die to be a hero, but there has to be a pretty good chance of that happening during your actions. And I'd include places and situations that are not combat. There are quite a few fireman heroes.

But the term is grossly misused and degraded by mindless overuse. There are no "sports heroes". Nothing heroic about playing baseball or basketball. Nothing! They are just entertainers and maybe sometimes a role model but not heroes. Putting your life at risk competing in something like an auto race is not somehow heroic. You are doing the race for yourself, not to save others.

Going that extra step by putting your life in significant risk of death to save someone else makes you a hero.

I have a pretty good idea of what makes someone a hero and absolutely despise seeing the term misused.

100% agreed:up:

Guest GlocKingTN
Two fine choices for the position of moderator. Mars I should of known you were into wolves too. Glocking tn as his name implies is a glock fan. Hey this just gets better everyday. Best of luck to you both.

Jackdog

I think Mars and I both thank you! :D