AR max range?

Fadex

Sixth, you need to be in your 20’s or 30’s.

I couldn’t see a 6†circle at 600 yards with open sights.

leaving.gif

Same here. If I have to hit something at 600 yds with iron sights I'm going with the "spray and pray" method!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make a duck wear a cold water saddle.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say, "I can't even see 600 yards" and my response is, "stay off of the interstate".

Shooting high power rifle competition can be and sometimes is a "seeing contest". Let there be no doubt that AR 15/M16 Service Rifles, properly built, can and do routinely out score .30 caliber bolt action rifles. This happens in the NRA across the course matches (200, 300 & 600 yards) and depends entirely on who the shooters are as well as the conditions.

It is all relative. There is nothing between you and the target except the gray matter between your ears. Most "out of the box" AR 15 service rifles with 20" heavy barrels and A2 sights are capable of shooting expert to master class scores. The loads used, the experience of the shooter, the shooting equipment all determine the score.

If you want to see what you and your rifle can do across the course, come out and play. You are shooting against the target, not me or any other competitior. The NRA has changed the rules again to allow an optics class. So, you can shoot your AR with any type of sight you want. Just make sure that you know your zeros.

If this isn't your thing, no problem. Stick with what you knowl

J. Lane

..... The NRA has changed the rules again to allow an optics class. So, you can shoot your AR with any type of sight you want.....

Hmmmmm...., Didn't know that. Been away from the game for a while. I last shot across the course at Perry in 2000 and then got busy with what was once called the GWOT (Its now called some sort of an Operational Overseas Something-Or-Another).

So, can you now shoot a flat top with an optic in Service Rifle?

Might be all the reason I need to begin a Mk12 Mod 0/1 SPR build.

Wonder if Joe can score some Mk 262 Match from Black Hills? :D

Sounds like fun FroggyOne2, if nothing else it would be a good time to just watch. Unfortunately I will be headed into Florence on Sunday morning. There will be no fun or firearms there. ugh...:up: