Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was our 21'st anniversary. I have been married so long I don't look both ways when I cross the street...:D

Longer marriages don't seem to be the norm these days. Making a long marriage work is hard work. We have had our ups and downs but glad we stuck with it. We were high school sweethearts and are still today. So how about the rest of you? Are you married and if so, how long?

PS - Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that people who have been divorced didn't work hard enough. Sometimes people just shouldn't stay together.

Okay, enough of the sensitive stuff. I need to go shoot something....:D

Edited by KahrMan
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 21 days it will be 15 years for my wife and I. We really have not made a big deal as the years have piled up, but now it is starting to seem like something special, since so many fail. We too are high school sweethearts and have had our off moments but have worked hard to make it work. We really grew up together and I could not immagine loosing her, we just work.

Darn you KahrMan...now I need to go shoot something too.....

I have been Married 10 years, We dated for almost 17 years and I am only 34 damn I feel old.

Sounds like us. We dated for almost 3 years before we got married. I was 17 and she was 16 when we started dating.

Guest db99wj

13 years a couple of weeks ago, June 15. We dated for 3 months, engaged 1 1/2 years. Our marriage is stronger today than it has ever been, and we have had a strong one. I'm a lucky guy.

Ok, need to go shoot....

Guest Bronker

That's awesome Kahrman! Congrats! I've heard it said that marriage is a "50/50" commitment. Hogwash! It takes "100/100".

My wife and I have been married almost 9 years, together over 10.5, but have been friends since 3rd grade.

Lead by example, Kahrman!

21st...isn't that the "high-end 1911" anniversary?

My wife says #9 is the "Volvo XC90" anniversary...

The logic is the same!?! :D

Guest SigGrl

Buk and I have been married 11 years, but have been together 18 years. We're still pretty crazy about each other too. He's my best friend.

Guest mustangdave

IF...I'd stayed married to wife #1...we'd be on 29yrs...as it was we lasted 15. As of 23 days ago its been 9yrs this time around...so far so good...she likes guns and fast cars BONUS

Guest HexHead

26 years this past April Fools Day. We figured you needed a sense of humor to be married so we went to the court house on April Fools Day. As I like to say, "I went in front of the judge and he sentenced me to life."

All the people that thought we were nuts and that it would never last.... they're all divorced. LOLOLOL

Congrats to all above and Bronkers..... nice! I've been counseling folks 100/100 for years and they always look at me like deer in the headlights!

Number 9 - July first for me. Dated a year, engaged a year, so 11 all together.

21st...isn't that the "high-end 1911" anniversary?

My wife says #9 is the "Volvo XC90" anniversary...

The logic is the same!?! :D

Been married 21 yrs earlier this month. In my case it's kind of backwards to your suggestion. I wanted to get my wife a XDm but money is tight right now...maybe later. We decided to just do very small gifts this year.

Ended up getting her a carry knife. Believe it or not, she was tickled. (She had been asking for one so I knew I would be safe on the gift.)

Gotta love a wife that wanted a knife. :D

Ended up getting her a carry knife. Believe it or not, she was tickled. (She had been asking for one so I knew I would be safe on the gift.)

Gotta love a wife that wanted a knife. :D

...or terrified and sleeping with one eye open. BTW hows your life insurance policy!:D