Boycott Copsplus.com

My email to them today:

I've spent hundreds of dollars at Copsplus.com.

However, I won't spend another dime with your company.

On May 18, 2009, I placed an order for a Galco magazine holster, order #284791. I paid online and you collected my money immediately.

The next day, I got an email that gave me a link to check my order status. When I checked it, for the first time I was informed that the item was on back order. It was estimated to ship two weeks later.

Two weeks later, it was delayed another week.

A week later, it was delayed another two weeks. Finally, I gave up.

If you cannot deliver an item I've paid for within a month, you don't deserve my money.

I called to cancel on 22 June 2009. I was told it would be two or three days to refund my money.

Finally, on July 2, 2009, I called again. My money has not been refunded. I was treated very rudely by two different customer service representatives who clearly could not care less that it is six weeks after I paid for something and ten days after I asked for my money to be refunded, and I have neither the product nor my money. I was rudely informed today that your company has done all it is going to do and that if I don't have my money I should talk to my bank, it is not your problem any more.

Not only will I never spend another penny with your company, I am now spending my time spreading my troubles with your company on the many, many gun owner forums that I frequent. Already, my posts have been viewed several dozen times by fellow firearms enthusiasts. Your company is terrible at customer service, and I won't suffer it any longer.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call the credit card company or financial institution that issued your credit card, have your bill that shows the transaction number and such. They will open a case and ask the vendor or supplier for an invoice and proof of delivery as in a tracking number from UPS, FEDEX OR USPO. If any of this is not provided by them, your funds will be returned and debited from them.

I work for a company that we do this every day with shipments, only it’s usually damaged freight and my wife works for a major bank and she helps her customers every day on matters like this.

Guest bkelm18

See if you can find the contact info of the owner of the company. Many times if you go right to the top you will find things go in your favor very quickly.

There is no doubt they never shipped the product, they admit that. After I told them I was going to the forums to tell my brothers in arms about this experience, they sent me a document that purports to show that they have now initiated the refund on their end. The fact remains that it is ten days after I asked for the refund and I don't have my money back yet, just a lot of guff and bad attitude from them.

Guest clsutton21
If Hero Gear has something for me that works, not only am I going to drive down there from Franklin, I'm going to make my trip worth it for me and for them. Thanks, guys.

Welcome to Winchester!

Guest tonybon

lol. yea their web site says NY. so that explains a lot about the rude service. if they was close i was just going to ask ( while the store was full) why their customer service was so rude. ive found you can get things done that way sometimes. but i dont like NY.:love:

Guest go-vols

I hate when companies do this. If a company asks me to pay for something that has to be backordered then I take my business elsewhere. I got burnt last year by Bearclaw holsters. I ordered 2 holsters from them. Had to pay up front with a 2 week lead time. Got the runaround for 2 months past due date. Then find out they went belly up.

Yea I'd be suprised if he gets his money back... or a holster. Theres lots of fly by nights that jumped into our industry this year. Most of them on the web. What they didnt realize is most companys are going to send product to buisnesses like mine that have been doing buisness with them for 15-20 years before a new guy.

Guest 3pugguy
thus the reason you buy locally... keep your money here in Tennessee!

+1. Support our local TN business people (and especially those on TGO; when my budget allows another purchase, I will start with the folks here).

FWIW, I stopped in your store one day a while back and was just looking around - I had seen your place when I worked over in Madison and would go by it sometimes, so figured I'd check it out. Don't know if it was you on duty, but I thought it was a customer friendly place (what a concept, LOL).

Guest 3pugguy
lol. yea their web site says NY. so that explains a lot about the rude service. if they was close i was just going to ask ( while the store was full) why their customer service was so rude. ive found you can get things done that way sometimes. but i dont like NY.:devil:

New York would be OK except for all the New Yorkers...