East TN Monthly shoot??

Guest Gun Geek

Don't know, it was an impulse buy at $90 OTD. Looks clean. I've heard that the ammo is available. I'll have to do some searching.

Reading up on it on Wiki, says:

"The Revolver can be safely fired using the .32 Smith & Wesson Long, .32 H&R Magnum as easier to find, and sometimes cheaper alternative calibers."

Nagant M1895 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I might tie it to a tree for the first cylinder full, myself.

- OS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start answering your phone, ya jackass! :D I bought a Nagant revolver today on an impulse. Don't know the first thing about them. I'm looking forward to shooting it, though. :hat:

I'm getting one of these revolvers from Aim Surplus. I spotted it the other night when ordering some Mosin ammo. $79.95, I can't resist. Georgia Arms has the 7.62 Nagant for about a buck a shot. They also have the .32 S&W Long, much more reasonable to shoot.

I read up on the history of these Nangant pistols and they're pretty unique. I figure it'd be cool to have even if I didn't shoot it. But I will.

I'm not sure if I can make it Saturday but I sure do want to try out my new (old) Mosin and run some ammo through my Carcano for the first time in about 30 years.

Sure wish there was a shortcut over the mountain to Norris.

I'm getting one of these revolvers from Aim Surplus. I spotted it the other night when ordering some Mosin ammo. $79.95, I can't resist. Georgia Arms has the 7.62 Nagant for about a buck a shot. They also have the .32 S&W Long, much more reasonable to shoot.

I read up on the history of these Nangant pistols and they're pretty unique. I figure it'd be cool to have even if I didn't shoot it. But I will.

I'm not sure if I can make it Saturday but I sure do want to try out my new (old) Mosin and run some ammo through my Carcano for the first time in about 30 years.

Sure wish there was a shortcut over the mountain to Norris.

Sure wish you could make it. Has your Czech perfume arrived?

Mac is your truck fixed? If so I will look for you about 12:15- 12:30.

Let me know if we need to go to a plan B. ..

Pert sure will be...it's down the road at a place..

Turned out the intermittent miss was indeed electrical, no juice to engine or even anywhere beyond firewall, some major relay somewhere...

Guest Bluemax

If you guys wouldn't mind a tagalong, I'd like to bring Boris and Ivan ( Mosin & SKS ) and shoot a few rounds. Anyone have any directions ???

If you guys wouldn't mind a tagalong, I'd like to bring Boris and Ivan ( Mosin & SKS ) and shoot a few rounds. Anyone have any directions ???

Be great to meet ya!

Exit 122 off I-75 N. Right about a mile to light. Left into Norris.

Can't think of any shortcuts coming from Chapman Hwy.

Police/Fire Dept is in middle of town next to school and athletic field, and they'll give you paper directions to the range after you pay...

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

i would very much like to go and currently am planning it. i may have to go to my daughters place saturday (you know the one Mike357 thought was my wife!) but i'm trying to talk the other half into waiting until later in the afternoon or early evening. I will meet up with you guys at the range, i know the way to the Norris PD :up:

they used a front end loader to put it in my pick up

i think I have a way to get it out to the end of the range, now I just need to ponder how to best stand it up, I think it needs to be slightly canted forward too.

no driving on the range.

I think my dolly will work for moving it.

I am going to see about drilling a hole through it. If I can get a hole in it i may be able to attack an eye bolt. With the eye facing the rear I think a piece of chain or rope attached to a sturdy peg or piece of rebar might work. The plate could be tilted slightly forward and the rebar drove into the ground behind it. ( dunno if the makes sense or not in writing)

If none of that becomes practical I will stand it up using the method employed on Garufas girly little plates.

I think as long as we are using less than .50 cal on this it will hold up.