Found something odd in the Frosted Flakes

Guest clsutton21

Guest clsutton21

I'm thinking about sending this email to an attorney referral service in Nashville. What do you think?

I was eating a box of Frosted Flakes and probably about the third bowl of cereal I got into I found something black and hard, but not crunchy in the cereal. I became sick with cramps and other stomach issues such as diarrhea and contacted the company in charge of Frosted Flakes and told them about the problem. After telling them my problem, the woman on the phone said it was sugar and immediately hung up on me without saying another word. I do not believe that this is sugar just because of the blackness and composition of the materials. I later called the company back and they asked me to send the entire(emphasis on entire) sample back to them and they would give us enough money for a box of cereal. I found this weird so I decided to pursue other routes and possibly get this item tested for it's chemical composition, but would first see if there was any need for it.

e9wytv.jpg

6z36ug.jpg

mb4r5x.jpg

2dkl2dd.jpg

Edited by clsutton21
added pics
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy in Ohio I went to High School with, his mother around 25 years ago found something in Peanut Butter, Broke one of her teeth anyway she pursued the matter with an attorney and was awarded like $160K after all was said and done, so if what you are saying is true, go for it by all means

Edited by willis68
Guest abailey362

i don't know if you'd get anywhere with it. I remember seeing on a show a while back that the FDA gives cereal manufacturers a margin of error of like .2% of "other" things that can be in the cereal.

I'd look into that before I paid a lawyer to look into it.

probabaly sugar.

To be honest it seems to me you are looking for something out of nothing. I would be hard pressed to believe you are owed anything more than a replacment box of greatness.

But of course getting something out of nothing is how the country got to where it is today. So by all meansd persue it.

Guest eyebedam

I think you're gonna be S O L. I've found something similiar in my Flakes before. It's sugar. Just really nasty looking sugar. Why is everyone so dang ready to sue these days. :D

Guest Traumaslave

Looks like a scab.:up:

You know what's gross? Keeping a scab collection.

You know what's grosser than gross? Finding it missing and your brother eating a bowel of "frosted flakes".

Guest Tiny G

It's burned sugar. Put a piece in your mouth and taste it . . no big deal.

You've had WAY worse from spaghetti sauce or any canned tomato sauce.

:up:

Anyone remember, back in the 80's, sniglets? Words that don't exist, but ought to.

One of them was "Riceroach." Defined as the commonly-found, unidentifable, blackened piece of something found in your cereal box. Unless it has identifiable body parts, toss it out or eat it, but don't make a big deal about it.

I know the temptation to see it as a sugar-frosted lotto ticket might be great, but people who give in to the urge to make a BFD out of frivolous bull**** like this do harm to our society. Don't be one of them, please.

I think you're gonna be S O L. I've found something similiar in my Flakes before. It's sugar. Just really nasty looking sugar. Why is everyone so dang ready to sue these days. :up:

Because so many people have treated the tort system as a lottery ticket.

Guest gcrookston
Hey, could be worse, you Mcnugget could look like this:

mcnasty.jpg

Since McD's quit using processed chicken parts and went with whole pieces, this can happen... Some kid in Singapore see's this picture and thinks "ummm! Tasty!"

Guest clsutton21

If you can sue for a harmless chicken head...

Well, I still say it isn't sure. It's like mechanical grease. I've never known sugar to leave a black greasy stain on a paper towel...even when burnt.

Guest Tiny G
If you can sue for a harmless chicken head...

Well, I still say it isn't sure. It's like mechanical grease. I've never known sugar to leave a black greasy stain on a paper towel...even when burnt.

Then you've never made candy at home. Sugar + water + heat + too much time = black syrup.

probabaly sugar.

To be honest it seems to me you are looking for something out of nothing. I would be hard pressed to believe you are owed anything more than a replacment box of greatness.

That's what I thought when I first read the title, but then I saw the photos. I'd at least have that thin analyzed and see what it is.

and even if it is some foreign substance, and I go heavy on the EVEN,

what damage was done? Any sickness is going to be awful hard to prove. Saying you were nausous or had a case of the poops is pretty much hearsay without a doctor backing you up.

nice try though :lol:

i have seen that black stuff in cereal before. Once had a Frito that looked like coal.