How to advance our cause....

How to advance the 2nd Amendment cause in the USA...

1. Be a responsible gun owner, not a "gun nut."

2. Write letters to the editor.

3. Write your local gov officials.

4. Write your Congress critters.

5. Give money to NRA, GOA, JPFO, TFA, the TGO Board

6. Most important: get a young person enthused about shooting, and teach them the importance of the Bill of Rights.

You all may think of other things we could all be doing.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Until...all the dust up and brew-haha dies down, I think we've done about enough. getting the legislation passed was a HUGE step...now all the court challenges have to go through the motions is going to try everyone patience...Reasons 1,5 and 6 are great...Reason 2...you're going to deal with biase...and they won't necessarily print your letter no matter how well reasoned. Reasons 2-3...IMHO is a total waste of time. Unless you can appreciate lip service.

Guest Muttling

I agree with BOTH posts, a lot of good points made.

That said....I have a NEW No. 1

Get your freaking butt to the voting booth!!!!!!!!

Don't complain about what a politician does if you didn't bother to vote.

Guest mustangdave

Agreed....tell the politicians where to go...in the voting booth...and in a lot of cases that is...GO HOME!!!...be the HACK Ambulance Chasing Lawyer you were educated to be... and not some useless politician

Guest Crunchman

I agree with all the steps, especially #6. Join the FNRA and support the next generation of shooting sports enthusiasts.

The long term future of the country lies with #6.

I would like to add to this.... Get an adult enthused about shooting.

I have been trying to do this as much as I can. I think a lot of adults are interested in shooting/protecting themselves they just need someone to lead them in the right direction.

I have been trying to do this as much as I can. I think a lot of adults are interested in shooting/protecting themselves they just need someone to lead them in the right direction.

Excellent point!

I think a lot of adults are interested in shooting/protecting themselves they just need someone to lead them in the right direction.

This is me. Very little exposure to shooting, and when I did have chances when I was younger I let them pass me by.

I think a lot of other people are in the same situation.

I build and use reactive pellet targets to get youngsters interested in the shooting sports.

BellaandTargets.jpg

I build them, let the grand daughter help me paint them.

More fun than shooting paper, a young shooter hits the mark, the target goes down, you can rest it by pulling a cord that is attached.

Not just kids enjoy these, a lot of ranges have walk paths set up with them for offhand shooting.

For teaching basics, the right set up teaches good form, and breeds success!

R9-1.jpg

Guest m&pc9
I build and use reactive pellet targets to get youngsters interested in the shooting sports.

BellaandTargets.jpg

You are teaching them to kill animals.:rolleyes:

I like the looks of those targets, very nice.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikedwood

I'll throw a 3rd to that!

It's my dream that one day the 2nd amendment is once again returned to it's level as a RIGHT. Great strides have been made the last few years.

And the best defense is a good offense.