McAlisters Response.

Here is a copy of the email correspondence from McAlisters Deli. It looks like I will continue to be a customer.

McAlister's Deli "Talk To Us" web comment:

Negative Comments:

My wife and I are long time customers, both here in TN and in SC. We usually eat at the Millington location at least twice a week. Today there was a sign posted stating, "no firearms or weapons." I am wondering if this is Corparate policy or the individual resturaunt? Also what do you define as a weapon? I often carry a pocket knife, would this bar me from this establishment?

My wife and I are both legal permit holders and as such will not be returning to this or any other McAlisters while they are posted. Also the current posting is not in compliance with TN law.

Thank You,

George Brewton

Good Afternoon, George

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us...it caused management to look further into the matter. At the time of your email, there had been no corporate decision to post the notices and found this to be an isolated incident at several of our stores and the notices have since been removed.

JME, Inc - West TN McAlister's franchisee - has never served alcohol and the recent change in the TN concealed carry law did not apply to us. Therefore, management sees no reason to change its 15 year policy of welcoming and serving all law abiding customers.

Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again very soon!

David Foley

Human Resources Director

JME, Inc

Mr. Foley,

I am very pleased to hear this, and I will post it on the TN Gun Owners website.

George Brewton.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

I laid off of McAlisters after frequenting them often a few years back.. looks like with a shrinking list of viable places to eat lunch legally, I will be giving them some more business.

Thanks for the email

McAlisters' management should be jailed until they start serving deli food or quit calling themselves a deli.

Real deli's serve corned beef, pastrami, smoked fish, bagels, and matzoh balls. Try ordering those items in mcalisters. They don't even have a deep fryer to fry up sweet potatoe french fries.