CMP south store info.....

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

I went down to the CMP (civilian marksmanship program) South Store in Anniston, AL saturday and thought I'd fill anyone that was interested in on the current state of things there.

Get your .30-06 ammo while you can.....one of the employees said that they are running low fast on '06. They are expecting one more shipment......but he said they weren't even sure they would receive it. All of the reuseable .30 cal ammo cans of ammo in enbloc clips were gone, all they had were the sealed spam cans. I was hoping to pick up extra over my allowed cans, but neither of the guys I went with signed up, so I couldn't mooch 'em to pick some up for me. .30 carbine is backordered by over 3000 cases.

They had a good selection of rifles out.....the service grades are back out on the racks. National Match rifles were on the racks. Special refurbished Garands with new stocks were on the racks. As were a large selection of 30-40 Krags, and a few M1917's. Quite a few .22 target rifles on the shelves too. Of course most of the Carbines were Inlands, but there were quite a few Quality Hardware and Saginaws. A couple IBM's and maybe a couple others.

Save some time to visit Shotgun Sports that you pass shortly before arriving at CMP. they had an admirable gun stock, and good selection of ammo and prices.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my buddies just got back from Camp Perry last week. They brought me the last two cans of the Greek 30.06 in spam cans, bandoliers and en bloc clips. The North Store indicated that they were getting another shipment and should have it by HP week.

Guest 70below
Rifles or Carbines?

both rifles and carbines in the $450 grade.

There were actually 3 different variations it appeared, I'm not really familiar with the 30-40 krags, so I'm not certain what you would call them. There was a full length rifle with full nearly full length stock, a slightly shorter version with an almost full length stock, and the shorter with short stock carbine.

Edited by 70below
Guest 70below

If someone is looking for a M1917. They had 3 that weren't chromed with white stocks, one was in pretty good shape but missing a couple pieces, one that was real rough overall, and one I'm kickin myself for not buying. It had a decent stock, was complete, barrel was pretty worn, and had silver paint on all the metal to try and make it look like a presentation gun. All were $300 "Salvage". I think if you cleaned the stock up, swapped the barrel out, bead blasted the metal, and refinished it would be a beautiful rifle.

Guest FroggyOne2

While I am at Perry, I will be picking up a M1 Garand less stock, I want to have it refinished and then get a presentation stock to put on it.