Adam Dread's retort to Phil Vanentine Article

Guns-in-bars law serves special interest, not the will of people | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

I sent a compilation of this so called "card carrying NRA member" actions and public statements to the ILA, with the suggestion that they rescind his membership, (if it ever truly existed). He is Randy Rayburn's good friend and is co-council for the law suit in Chancery Court in Nashville.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DA says in one line that TN is the only state that allows guns in bars. A couple of lines later he says in that TN places that serve liquor by the drink including Tootsie's and othe "honky tonks" are actually restaurants. Come on now Adam, if they're actually restaurants, how can you say we're the only atate that allows guns in bars? Lots of states allow guns in restaurants. :P:P

Guest Ravendove

Whenever this guy argues his points, he never seems to be able to refer to specific examples. I know that only means something to some of us, what with all the people just ready to hear a few passing comments and generalizations and jump on the bandwagon, but it would be nice if more people could see the difference between evidence and hearsay. It would then be nice for them to notice that the evidence is on our side and the hearsay is all people like Mr. Dread have.

Whenever this guy argues his points, he never seems to be able to refer to specific examples. I know that only means something to some of us, what with all the people just ready to hear a few passing comments and generalizations and jump on the bandwagon, but it would be nice if more people could see the difference between evidence and hearsay. It would then be nice for them to notice that the evidence is on our side and the hearsay is all people like Mr. Dread have.

Thats because he does not have the evidence he needs, so he is relying on peoples uninformed knee jerk response.

Guest Ghostrider

Had they put this at the top of the article, I wouldn't have even looked any further.

Adam Dread is a Nashville lawyer who formerly served as a member of the Metro Council.
Guest Phantom6

Every time Dread opens his mouth regarding this subject he uses this same tired, old tired question-

Hmmm … if the legislature won't allow firearms in their place of business, how come the restaurant community is forced to allow them into theirs?

In my discussions with him in the past, though I pointed out that the law plainly and simply states in § 39-17-1359 (Prohibition at certain meetings — Posting notice —) that any individual, corporation, business entity or local, state or federal government entity has the right to post their property off limits to firearms and the simple removal or placement of a sign by that entity which is "substantially similar" to

PURSUANT TO § 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).
cures all ills, it just went right by him and continues to do so. Not because he is ignorant but because it is yet one more roadblock to his fear mongering in an effort to create billable hours and make money off of this issue. Of course this is easy to understand from an ambulance chaser like Dread who puts a scrolling marquee on the front page of his firm's website that reads

This asshat is the role model for all lawyer jokes.

Hey Dread, look out (or not), that beeping sound you hear is the ambulance backing up. :rock:

Guest nashvegas

I've known Adam for many years. Well, not really known him... been around him from time to time. When I met him he was a comedian. Still is, really. More clown actually. Never did like the guy enough to even want to make the effort to get to know him.

When my wife and I saw that he was running for the city council or whatever it was, we both shook our heads and laughed. When we found out he won the seat, we laughed harder. How can that happen?

The way I see it, the thing about Adam is this: Adam is all about Adam. Whatever he can do to get attention, he's gonna do it. Class clown. Look at me! Where's the stage? He sees an opportunity to have attention drawn to him, he's gonna jump on it.

Honestly I am dumbfounded that he was able to pass the bar. Perhaps the bar is not set high enough.